Swapping blade guard on TS460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroncoRN

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to get that center bearing assembly out of the guard. Any suggestions?

need a remove the axial cam ring. then unscrew the nut off the v pulley. you will need a small punch to help hold it

sorry you have to remove the two straight screws and spring after the woodruff key, there will also be a rubber ring also

then the tear drop looking bearing housing should come off. when you get it on the table you will need to the internal snap ring and take arbor press 4119 893 7200 or a old socket to press out the bearing

Is that for the blade guard? My blade guard is shot...split up both the front and the back. That is what I was looking to replace.

I was also a little hasty in ordering a replacement carb. Turns out I had to swap top and bottom carb covers, both linkages, what a PITA.

Well I am at a bit of a loss now - replaced the carb and now it won't start. If I pour gas in the cylinder it will fire off after 3-4 pulls. I took the carb apart and there is gas in the carb. I don't get it what am I missing???

Back