SXL-925 Clutch quandry.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Im hoping to draw on the knowledge base here to help me with a delemma I've run into.

Im going to buy a new chain and bar for my 925 and figgured I would treat it to a new clutch drum and sprocket also. Since I have the three shoe clutch I have the type where the drum and sprocket are conjoined:( .

Bad enough? No, the real problem is I can only find this type drum/sprocket that will fit the XL-12 and 925 with 6 shoe clutch.

The parts manual that don sent me also shows an optional (rim drive?)(the type with interchangable sprockets) drum for the 3 shoe clutch that looks like a good option.

Seems like the 3 shoe rim drive would be the econimical way to go, or is it worth it to upgrade to the 6 shoe clutch? Where do I get that?

So what do I do here? Does anyone know where to get these parts?
attachment.php

Any help mucho appricaido, Eric

Last edited:
Hello Eric,

Unfortunately, even if you are able to locate a new 6 shoe clutch, odds are its going to be expensive. One sold on eBay not long ago, and it seems it went for around $50 which is far less than the retail. I have some 925s with both the 3 shoe and 6 shoe but haven't been shopping recently for new drums and sprockets. I did a quick look at mfgsupply and npadist and I see you're correct that none show the drums for the 3 disk. I've never compared the two side by side to see that differences.

Dan

Eric, post the part number, I might have a drum sprocket for that saw. If so, I'll need to check the condition of it. Aw ra best! Chris

Or...check the sprockets lists that I posted in used equip forum.

Oregon makes a rim and drum system for the 3 shoe clutch. It's a part # 37458. We don't stock them. If you can't find one anywhere and you don't mind waiting, ( 2-4 weeks) we can get one for you.

I lost my own post!!

Good lord.....this place is big enough to get cyberlost in.:dizzy:

Anyway, thanks for the replys.

Chris, lii be checking your list when I get home tonight.

Grande, Ill pm you when I get my bar this week .

Thanks again.

Back