T-Handle Allen Wrenches

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like they all should have the side wrench, but maybe hand placement is adversely affected......not sure, I haven't tried them yet.

Thats what I am worried about. I have big hands, and if I something that needs alot of torq I can just imagine what that little allen nub will do to my hands.

I have seen some of those kits come with a bigger handle for extra torq that slips on top of the T-handle. But if you have ever seen my shop that extra handle would last about a whole day untill I lost it.

You can also go with Allen brand. Generally there is a reason a tool is nick-named after the manufacturer of said tool. I have a set of t-handles and they are nice.

Sears had a t-handle Allen brand set, 7 SAE and 7 metric. $25. I thought that was a heck-of-a deal. They didn't have the second wrench in the handle like the Craftsman and I thought that would be a good feature.

As a tool and die maker I always liked Bondus with a 12" cheater pipe over one end of the T handle for torque. There was never a bolt that I couldn't get undone, and the bondus never broke after years of use, sometimes with pretty big pipes on the end on biggins.

Sam

For T handle wrenches I do like the SnapOn's, not cheap but I do use them mostly for motorcycles and the do fit perfect in the heads. I do have a few different styles as they are used in many places on bikes so I like to keep my options open. The ones I use the most are the kind that I use with my 3/8 ratchet, you can get these pretty cheap at Sears. Another handy type is the flex head type, I purchased these from Griots garage and the are pretty handy to turn them 90 deg to break a fastener then just flex it straight to remove the bolt quickly. and you got to have the old style "L" shape as well. I will say I am no fan of the "ball" type head, I had 1 break off in a fastener before and I've always been leery or using them since.
DSC00205.jpg

Hi Fellas

You know the information you guy's are giving out here is fantastic!I started a thread in the Chainsaw Forum regarding getting a Tool Forum on AS.It's seems to be getting some good replies if any of you care to add some positive feedback I would really appreciate it.,that might help get the Forum off the ground.I believe I mentioned this thread as an example of how well I think a Tool Forum would go over here on AS.I think I also posted on the Off Topic Forum and Support and Announcements Forum.The thread I put up in the Chainsaw Forum seems to be the one that is gathering the most attention though!
Thanks For Your Time!
Lawrence

I have a set of the Craftsman Torx t-handles that are designed exactly like the allens that you have.

They work very well for working on chainsaws... That's about all I use them for. :)

As for Allen wrenches, I have a set of Bondhus in Standard and Metric. I have used them for years at work, and decided to get a set for home.

If I had to do it over, I would have probably bought the Craftsman allen wrenches too because of the lifetime warranty.

One thing I've learned about allen wrenches, they ALL fail eventually (if used enough). Okay, Okay.. .Maybe not the larger ones, but the smaller ones always seem to break eventually.

Latest posts

Back