Take a look at this load

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a lot of fun. Dead wood on the ground, dead standing, the easiest cutting I've ever done, just drive beside what we cut and through it in. I'm glad he shared his secret spot with me lol

Did some cutting with my buddy yesterday, took his Duramax train up and got a pretty damn good load

hahahah love it! I could do it with mine, but would need a splitter first, the pickup bed trailer has the nice bumper hitch like those...

Its funny how those old truck beds still look good. How many new trucks are rusted far worse??? I started brain storming when I saw this pic, then I was like oh wait, all the trucks I can get my hands on cheap are rotten out. Oh well, nice pic, the D-max and allison make a sweet combo

Need some racks on that first rig. It'd be interesting backing that train up!
I was impressed, he backed that thing up with no problem. He even backed it into my yard through the gate this morning. He's our transport driver so he's an old pro

Its funny how those old truck beds still look good. How many new trucks are rusted far worse??? I started brain storming when I saw this pic, then I was like oh wait, all the trucks I can get my hands on cheap are rotten out. Oh well, nice pic, the D-max and allison make a sweet combo

He didn't want to put racks on his truck, he tries to keep it pretty nice.

We cut everything for the trailer to 4' lengths and loaded the trailers length wise. The pickup we we cut to 16" lengths.

nice load!! wish we could do the tandum trailers here in Pa.

There is no state those would be legal on a public road.
Federal law requires a tandem setup to have the first trailer a 5th wheel, no gooseneck or "bumper" pull. Also need brakes.

There is no state those would be legal on a public road.
Federal law requires a tandem setup to have the first trailer a 5th wheel, no gooseneck or "bumper" pull. Also need brakes.
Well thats kinda interesting, because we cut wood across the border in Nevada, got checked by the forest circus ranger, drove down state highway 93 into Idaho and followed by a state cop for 6 of the 50 miles we were on said state highway. Then drove through 3 towns to my house. Not calling you a liar, just saying we didn't have any troubles with the law in 2 states.

I'd suggest you look into it. I figured you guys were just hauling that setup down from the back 40 or something.

Nevada and Idaho both allow doubles, but like I mentioned in the other post, that front trailer needs to be a 5th wheel. I don't know of any state that allows 2 bumper pull trailers as a double setup.

I'm not trying to be "the a-hole", but rather trying to provide you info so you don't end up needing 40 gallons of KY lube for the bending over when the DOT occifer hauls you over.

Reg police would not know any difference ,the DOT guys are the ones to worry about ,any problems with the trailers whipping ? Or do they track ok like that ?

I'd suggest you look into it. I figured you guys were just hauling that setup down from the back 40 or something.

Nevada and Idaho both allow doubles, but like I mentioned in the other post, that front trailer needs to be a 5th wheel. I don't know of any state that allows 2 bumper pull trailers as a double setup.

I'm not trying to be "the a-hole", but rather trying to provide you info so you don't end up needing 40 gallons of KY lube for the bending over when the DOT occifer hauls you over.
No I get what you're saying, and yeah a DOT ticket would not be welcome at all! I'll look into, I know he's been hauling this way for a number of years up and down the road. It was about a 75 mile trip for us.

I was really surprised that you can pull that on a public road, but if you can, more power to you. In MN you need to have a gooseneck on the first trailer and I believe also an endorsement on your license. The only guy I know who pulls two trailers like that drove a UPS truck with a tandem trailer for work so he was already set with licenses.

That set up would be really helpful where I scrounge on the logging roads behind my cabin. I could load up, drop one trailer at the cabin, and take the other one home. Then next time I already have a full trailer ready to go and only need to load the box.

Reg police would not know any difference ,the DOT guys are the ones to worry about ,any problems with the trailers whipping ? Or do they track ok like that ?
On the trip down the mountain it was just a gnarly 2 track road and the trailers followed great. Then down the highway at 50-60 mph they tracked excellent. No willing whatso ever. I was really impressed, I figured the last trailer would be doing its own thing, but it behaved nicely. Even backing up was pretty smooth.

On the trip down the mountain it was just a gnarly 2 track road and the trailers followed great. Then down the highway at 50-60 mph they tracked excellent. No willing whatso ever. I was really impressed, I figured the last trailer would be doing its own thing, but it behaved nicely. Even backing up was pretty smooth.
So it is kind of like a log truck with a pup ?

Latest posts

Back