taking arborist certification exam in june

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gshiprek

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am going to take the test for certification next month. I noticed that they have a newer edition of the study guide. About 3 years ago I got the black covered manual with the cd tutorials.

Does anyone know if this book should get me by? Are the questions on the test made up only from the newer addition? How different or updated is the newer addition?

Also, regarding cables and support, now the dynamic systems seem to be taking center stage. The old manual barely touches in these?

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

I have the new manual, just recently took and passed my test in April. From all the research I did about the study guides it seems like the new one is different mainly because it has newer pictures. Some slightly rewritten material is there to reflect on modern advances but other than that they both cover the same material. The test seems like it hasn't started testing on the new ideas really heavily either. I didn't have a single question about dynamic cabling on my exam.

New or old if you know the study guide well and you have even the slightest amount of experience/education in arboriculture (which you need to have to even be eligible for the test)you should do fine. Study hard and Good luck!

P.S. If you haven't already noticed this site is also a great resource for learning about all the little details of the business and will help you immensely on your test if you hang out here and read up.

Back