Arborists exam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy shannon

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
Not a newbie to the biz but was not sure where to post this question. I have been climbing for twenty years,working for myself the last ten.

Im wanting to take arborist exam here in mass. Ordered the study guide and was wondering if anyone on here has taken the exam recently?

What other resources for study would you recommend here in the north east.

Any and all advice appreciated.

I would get the Tree Maintenance Book latest edition I think is 8? also you should get a Core Yellow manual describing the Pesticide laws, labels and such. Study Study and Study, Take the test, if you fail 1st time, Study more and study even more then take it again till you Pass! Dont take a break away from it and go back later or next year, you will forget alot of stuff keep it all fresh in the head. Good luck:msp_sneaky:

thanks

I would get the Tree Maintenance Book latest edition I think is 8? also you should get a Core Yellow manual describing the Pesticide laws, labels and such. Study Study and Study, Take the test, if you fail 1st time, Study more and study even more then take it again till you Pass! Dont take a break away from it and go back later or next year, you will forget alot of stuff keep it all fresh in the head. Good luck:msp_sneaky:

thanks man.

pirone

Is that the book by thomas pirone?

I'm taking the mass arborists test tomorrow morning. they only do it twice a year, the next one is in april.

Get the study guide, read it 3 times and memorize the latin is the advice I was given. Guys are telling me that it makes the ISA test look like a kindergarten entrance exam.

Supposedly, all you need to know to pass is in the study guide CD.

Back