"Taking moderator applications"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured out who is #1 and that's this site with over 3000 visits a day. Your site is a little over 600. Hmmm I'm thinking you were exaggerating calling yourself number 2. Let me check the buzz out. Brb

I figured out who is #1 and that's this site with over 3000 visits a day. Your site is a little over 600. Hmmm I'm thinking you were exaggerating calling yourself number 2. Let me check the buzz out. Brb

Darin lets Butch hang around because Butch generates traffic. Traffic and the almighty numbers are Darin's main focus.
Darin needs traffic and hits to show the advertisers that this place is worth spending their money. Butch is doing exactly what Darin wants him to do. Sad, ain't it?

Feeling a little like a tool, Butch?

Makes sense to me. If I was an advertiser I would choose 3k over 600.

Never met Darin, but he is a bitsch slapped pansy getting his lunch money taken for putting up with this clown and his avi and his act.
Well, My job is to put up with clowns on a daily basis so it does not bother me that I have to deal with one more. You are right, you don't know me, and if you did, you probably wouldn't say what you just said, but that is subjective on my part.
This was unprovoked and I can tell you can't handle being in a public forum. We don't need this attitude here. 1st casualty of this. I have to make tough decisions. I really don't like seeing anyone leaving, but I can tell you, if you treat people like this, it makes others leave too. It's just not productive.

Makes sense to me. If I was an advertiser I would choose 3k over 600.

Yup. The story around the campfire is that, years ago, Butch wanted to buy AS from Darin. Darin wouldn't sell. So Butch went off on his own and started his own site. That's fine. Butch also had a lot of disparaging things to say about Darin and AS in general and his petty jealousy-inspired temper tantrums got him banned from AS.
The people on Butch's site are mostly climbers and there's a high level of expertise and professionalism there. I guess they don't give him enough attention or cater to his ego as much as he apparently needs so he comes over here and stirs things up.
Butch wouldn't allow the kind of conduct he's displayed here to happen on his site.
I put him on IGNORE. Life is more peaceful that way.

I spent a lot more time reading on this site than I did posting. I am now done with both as long as MB is around. I wouldn't say that Vet was a friend, but at least some of his posts were worth reading. MB brings nothing worthwhile to this forum that makes me better at tree work. The Signal to Noise ratio here has dropped to the unreadable point for me.
So long......

Why would someone want to let another person that owns a competing forum be a moderator of there forum? Sounds like bad business to me.

Blaster needs to thank vet for the most popular thread the turtle house has , it's there version of whadja do today ! Ha what a joke .

Its not all that unusual for a creeper to seek out the limelight. I've seen that kind of behavior before. Almost like they figure they're gonna force you to like them... one way or another. Strange phenomenon, but I've seen it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back