TCS Range setting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trialanderror

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got one of those TCS temp controller from Dwyer, not the pre-programmed ones from CB.

It's basically setup kinda basic and not ranged defined. If i set it at 190F, it literally comes on/off within a fraction of a degree. The solenoid snaps open and draft fan run for 5-10 seconds, water jumps 3 degrees, shuts down, etc etc. Wwaayy too sensitive. So, from reading the PDF, r1 and r2 are set at 00 from the factory. ALso mentions it's not accessible; and then also mentions if you hold SET for 8 seconds you'll get into parameter mode so you can change those. Am I misunderstanding something?

If it is possible, the range, how do i set it at a 10* difference?

I guess my question is. I'd like my system to fire up to 190F, and then stay shutdown until water jacket drops to 170F, then fire until 190 is reached again, shutdown, repeat.

Not sure if i set the range at 20, or 170/190.
i guess r1 170 and r2 190? sounds weird, because then why would SP be used? Maybe r1 10 and r2 10? all i could think of. I'd rather ask someone who's tried it instead of trying it myself and ending up with a paper weight.....

Confused. And not sure if it's possible.
For convenience ; http://www.dwyer-inst.com/PDF_files/TCS_iom.pdf

Help is welcomed

ha, nm, i figured it out.

range setting r1 and r2 have nothing to do with it, only r0

and make sure your NO/NC are working according to the d0 heat/cool....i had mine reversed.... :p

Latest posts

Back