Technical Term for the Tidbits ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ductape

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I was working away at my firewood today when it hit me. Much like when you are out of cereal and pop-tarts..... and you flip the toaster over for something to eat for breakfast, the technical term for that breakfast is "Toaster Leavins". The little odds and ends i end up with when cutting and splitting my firewood must have an industry-wide name, right? My FIL and i have been referring to them as "The Ends". Of course i save them, and throw them in the stove in the fall as it starts to get cold.... or on a Sunday when Whats-Her-Name and i are home for the afternoon. Any time we might want a nice hot fire that doesn't really need to last very long. Anyone else got a better name for this by-product??

hahah yes clearance i like that

its "wood furnace fuel" to me

but its nowhere near as catchy as yours

"Cats and Dogs" because they're different than the 16" split wood. I pile them up and somebody eventually buys the whole lot. Helps pay the gas and oil.

always called them chunks. throw them in a pile and use them for campfire wood usually.
-Ralph

All my scrappage ends up in either the kindling box or as bon fire starter, its just 'debris' ta me :) In a big mill it would either be sent to the 'hog' and become hogfuel or to a chipper and become pulpwood, until then you're likely to hear "Go clean that pile of crap up over there." which I suppose is about as close to an industry standard as you're likely to get. :D

:cheers:

For me they get thrown in with the "uglies". Anything crooked, short, stumpy other otherwise ugly gets its own pile. Its perfect fodder for a short fire in the stove or burning in the fire ring.

For me they get thrown in with the "uglies". Anything crooked, short, stumpy other otherwise ugly gets its own pile. Its perfect fodder for a short fire in the stove or burning in the fire ring.

Hey, jags, is that a riding mower in your avitar? Can we get a bigger picture of that thing. Cool.

So I am not alone out here. I also call them 'uglies' which is anything that will not stack well, crooks, shorts, knots, etc. Use em first in the fall.

Harry K

So I am not alone out here. I also call them 'uglies' which is anything that will not stack well, crooks, shorts, knots, etc. Use em first in the fall.

Harry K
Here chunky uglies are usually short, crooked and not well stacked....................hm, different teminology down south me thinks :D

.............................wood by any other name is..........

....still wood.

:pumpkin2: :pumpkin2:

Back