Tell me about the Husqvarna 65

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqavarna Guy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys a friend gave me a clean good running 65. It runs great. I heard these were good saws? It is heavy and has lots of torque. The serial # is 1088190. Could you tell me the year, and does it have the governer like the 181? Any info would be great. Thanks

Looks identical to mine which s/n starts with 107xxxx. FWIW my dad purchased it new in 1978. So yours is pretty close but a bit newer. I *think* the chain brake came on models starting in 1981 but perhaps Sawtroll or someone else could verify that. The chain brake models seem to be pretty rare.

Looks identical to mine which s/n starts with 107xxxx. FWIW my dad purchased it new in 1978. So yours is pretty close but a bit newer. I *think* the chain brake came on models starting in 1981 but perhaps Sawtroll or someone else could verify that. The chain brake models seem to be pretty rare.

Chain brakes were basically optional back then, so the precense or absense of one does really say much about the age of the saw.

Is there any referense to TOMOS or Yugoslavia on the saw?

I would have to look at my 65 again to be certain as I have not really messed with it in quite a long time but I don't think they were governed. Look at the carb by where the choke shaft exits the carb body. If there is no brass plug screwed into the carb body near the choke shaft, that means it's not governed.

Back