Tell us about your weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sunny an 65 here today in ol MO.. finally, motorcycles rumbling by, robin's everywhere,, oh yeah, some new firewood order's from canoe rental's. forecast is for low 70's an high 60's next 12 to 14 day's, sunny, sunny,, asked my rental guy, why so early,, kayaker's, he said, me, no problem, see ya soon..

It's about the same here on the coast. Unseasonably warm and dry. The trollers are starting to get ready.

We were over to the Sierra the last couple of days. That place is getting scary. The drought, now in it's fifth year, continues. The snow pack measures out at 16% of normal for average moisture content. There won't be enough runoff from snow melt this year to even notice.

Fire season will start early. A friend of mine supplies equipment...dozers, lowbeds, and water tenders...for fires. He's putting on twice as many water tenders because they'll have to travel so far for water. All the normal watering holes, usually full this time of year, look like little mud puddles.

I think maybe I picked a good time to move to the coast.

It's kind of strange, but they aren't calling for an early start to Fire Season here. Yet. We still have the ability for spring rain to dramatically alter that, so I almost understand it. In the Monthly Outlooks Video CPC Monthly and Seasonal Fire Weather Outlook Video Saltenberger is starting to hedge. He says while we may not have large and costly fires, we may see more human caused starts, and warns that prescribed burning may need to pay particular attention to fire behavior forecasts, especially the wind. The National print version doesn't even say that, they just say they expect a normal progression to fire season. And as I listen to teh radio, one of my neighbor agencies is having what sounds like an early summer grass fire... KOIN 6 News story

63 at midnight where I'm at now. It's dry as a bone here in Red Bluff. I would not want to fight a fire here this year.

Meanwhile, at home base in PA it's 33 and we'll have to plow snow and rework access roads because some areas will be washed out. Geez.

"tell us about your weather" WELL, you see it's like this ! today is one of them day's that you wish would never end as everything went perfect as could be ... the temps was t shirt warm(on the verge of being hot) if it had not been for the sw breeze about 8ish mph .... dry as a popcorn fart in a desert drought ! the sun was shining so bright with no clouds in the sky , "WELL, you see it's like this" GREAT DAY TODAY! THANK YOU DEAR LORD FOR YOUR WONDERS......

40s today. Rained this morning, then got sunny, then rain, then sunny, then cloudy, then sunny, then cloudy, then windy, then sunny, then cloudy again.

The .gov called for wind warnings and fire watch because everything is "dry". Since when does dry mean soggy and muddy or frozen with snow and ice?

Mother Nature must be on her "cycle" ahahaha.

Melbourne OZ its been a good week for working average 70f or 21 c thou today a cold snap 17C blowie and passing showers clearing up for next week predicted highs 29 c mid 80ies. Autumn down under theses parts always nice before winter sets in and the wood pile needs just a few rows higher and I'm good

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

well it's 33 degrees an snowing again, wed. was 77 huh. thought this spring,, all I can say is groundhog's beware,, I'am calling u out.

Latest posts

Back