Tested or not? 572 extreme conditions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little disappointed that they didn't make it more unique, it's just a bigger 562. But still the improvements are always nice to see, and with how much they've invested in this saw I have no doubts that it will be reliable. I will be buying one sometime whenever it hits the BC market, although 372's might become a lot cheaper since they will want to phase them out, so buying a handle full of those might be too hard to resist. My dad owns a 562 and it's a wicked little machine, so in the end I'm stoked about the 572. I want to see how it compares to my MM 372 XT with the 32" bar buried.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I though the same thing. It looks just like a 562 but bigger. Man I hate that carb nipple purger and don't think it is needed.

We all have high hope for new things but until this saw is in the hands of the masses no one really knows much. We can only really judge an OEM on what they have put to market and have in the hands of users. I hope its a great saw, the more competitive the market place is the better it is for us.

Put the 572xp in the hands of 10 novice and see what holds up. Now that would be a good extreme condition.
funny but that would be inconclusive.
I suppose it would be better said; What wouldn't hold up. I know the guys you are talking about...The utility line slashers. Shame on their lead hands. That's a great example of ignorance breading ignorance.
One of the best test would be thinning (spacing) in west coast Hemlock stands. At least the guys own their saws and are payed by the acre. These are guys that can cut hard for 7 hours per day, 16" bars mainly. The definition is cutting as hard as you can as fast as you can for as long as you can. 150 to 180 days would be a good life.
I don't think anyone would use it for that application because of the weight. When I was doing it last nobody wanted to give up their 266.
One guy had a 272 after they had been out about 3 years. People didn't care for the bulk.

This thread makes me chuckle. Are we really passing judgement on the testing of a saw that hasn't even been released?
Absolutely! We all have a say. The wider the range of experienced, the more that will likely be said.
I personally have never payed attention to a new saw on the shelf, never alone followed a reveal/release as I have with the 462 and the 572. I've been waiting for Stihl to come out with the AV in the 77 cc for some time. With the 572 It started out as personal but I now see it as a 'successor' to the 576.

You got it right. Judging the testing not the saw is the topic. If they show us something way of the internet then they are subject to our scrutiny way of the internet. You & I hold the same accountability. They throw out bread crumbs and we decide if we eat them or spit them out. In the past the only thing I have had to go on was the early advice of "You never buy a new model saw...give it a year or two".
Companies have an opportunity now in today's market to change that attitude but in my opinion they failed miserably.

With the long awaited 572, there was a buzz around here that they must be making absolutely sure this saw was going to succeed. I have used a handful of their saws for many years so I wish them the best. On the other side of the coin, I found their testing & comments to be insulting to my experience & intelligence.
I loved the one in Russia I believe it was when they were going to leave the saw out for the night. -18c (just a bit below 0 F) He said it would be the real test??? Wow. Badly done considering this is a company that has dominated the competition in inland cold environments. I know Stihl guys that own Husqvarna that they run in the winter.
They should be able to include a section in the manual with helpful recommendations with winter tempeture fluctuations but they can't write what they don't seem to know.

://www.forestry.com/contact
You can phone the owners in Sweden of Forestry.com as well sign up and go in their forums. Their editorial has not been updated for 3 weeks or so. They personally were able to buy a pre release saw at the August 17 reveal convention and have done some testing that is on the site. Austria, Poland & Switzerland may have the saw in stores now.
They are the three Countries that are getting it this month. Not in Scandinavia yet either.
They are at a 10h time difference from PST. I'd price those three Countries. You getting it for a Faller Dave? Who does the specialty work?... Simon? .Diek?..or one of the shops...lol

Have a nice day
Is this chainsaw available in Europe? Does anyone know if I can order one? Would like to get one with the wrap handle bar if they are out. Or is it just the ms462 that is out in other markets and not in North America?

://www.forestry.com/contact
You can phone the owners in Sweden of Forestry.com as well sign up and go in their forums. Their editorial has not been updated for 3 weeks or so. They personally were able to buy a pre release saw at the August 17 reveal convention and have done some testing that is on the site. Austria, Poland & Switzerland may have the saw in stores now.
They are the three Countries that are getting it this month. Not in Scandinavia yet either.
They are at a 10h time difference from PST. I'd price those three Countries. You getting it for a Faller Dave? Who does the specialty work?... Simon? .Diek?..or one of the shops...lol

Have a nice day
Trying to get one for John. Local shop guy.

I was working in the Arctic, north of Inuvik.

One day there was a convoy of 5 or 6 (can't remember, it was nearly 20 years ago) vehicles driving down the ice road...more like moseying. They were the slowest vehicles on the road. It's a good thing they were working banker's hours (they weren't on the ice road in the busy times). They were all blacked out with custom covers which told me they were "top-secret" prototypes. I happened to know the mechanic at the heated shop they were parking in every night. One day he told me they were Dodge (if I remember correctly) pickups with 4 wheel independent suspension (he had crawled under one of them to look around).
It was a warm-ish snap for that week they were there. About -20c overnight and -10c in the day.
Anyway, the high-falutin' Arctic stess test of these vehicles was pretty sad looking from our crew's angle. They didn't even practice their cold starts or make that new suspension work at all in any real cold. In their defence they didn't know they would show up to such nice weather.

I almost guarantee that these new Huskies have not been tested much in "real-life" conditions. It is quite unlikely that they are any significant improvement over any old good saw. The chances of that are slim. Yet we march on..

Hopefully they have fully solved all of the electronic issues in this round (and the other modern machine problems). They eventually certainly will.

The real testing and problem solving will develop from reports/issues/problems from the trenches, not from the top of the food chain. It always is.

That 576 is a saw size/type that will head straight into the bush hoping to work many long, tough hours. I hope it can, for the sake of the boys (and an occasional girl).

Ha! It's a 572, not a 576. Goes to show how much I care about an overhyping situation..

Maybe it will be a better choice than a 372. Doubtful. Especially right out of the gate.

I have had to go on was the early advice of "You never buy a new model saw...give it a year or two".
Companies have an opportunity now in today's market to change that attitude but in my opinion they failed miserably.

Maybe it will be a better choice than a 372. Doubtful. Especially right out of the gate.
See.. and that's the attitude they now have a chance to change but wasn't very convincing.

They all talk the talk but they don't walk the walk. They speak of the importantance of 'becoming one' with the professional out in a work environment BUT talk is cheap. What they showed is what is referred to as 'leading' with this 'Judge' anyway.
What gives them the right to call this saw a legend? Show us the proof and I'll show them the money. That's how that one works. As I have mentioned on several occasions that their professional saw is not ment to appeal to all professionals. I suppose it would stand to reason then neither would their BS either.

The track record of new releases has been dismal at best over the last many years. They are only chainsaws. You'd think they would get it right.

What the last bunch of years has done is made any sawhand very skeptical of any new saw.

In my world the Huskies have been far worse than the Stihls. That's why the entire industry has swung from Husky to Stihl.

Pretty sad really.

Maybe this saw will start a trend back from Stihl. Not that I care. I would just like to see reliable working saws being made again.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but after the 562 it better as good or better than an m tronic saw

The track record of new releases has been dismal at best over the last many years. They are only chainsaws. You'd think they would get it right.

What the last bunch of years has done is made any sawhand very skeptical of any new saw.

In my world the Huskies have been far worse than the Stihls. That's why the entire industry has swung from Husky to Stihl.

Pretty sad really.

Maybe this saw will start a trend back from Stihl. Not that I care. I would just like to see reliable working saws being made again.

not sure where you seen the industry switch to stihl. i've seen more and more guys running husky here and after the 661 it seems everyone runs 390's lol. i haven't even seen a 661 in a good long while but still hear stihl guys hate on them often. i'm seeing lots of rebuilt 660's now though. there is also a wrist pin issue on the 461's but they last long enough where no one really cares. the wrist pin wears in the piston and creates a wrist pin knock. the kicker, they use the same pin as the 460 lol

The entire Canadian oil exploration line cutting industry was owned by Husky up until about 15 years ago. Now it is owned by Stihl due to Husky unreliability. This is a 60-75cc saw market. MS362,441,and 461 dominate this market disproportionately. It used to be completely the other way around. That is until the Husky's started to have issues. This is simply a fact. A sad and sorry fact.

I never would have bought my ms362 if the 60cc Husky at the time was a reliable saw. And yup, someone on here said it..it is a block. But it is a block that doesn't break down.

Just to be clear, I don't run a saw for a living. I work with guys that do. My own saw work is on the farm. Since pine beetle has killed trees and drought has killed trees and tent caterpillars have ultimately killed trees I snag and buck and drop learners and clear fence line just for laughs.

Latest posts

Back