Thank you for the help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawland

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Although the tread was removed I wanted to thank everyone in Canada who helped me by checking the website I was trying to download a parts list from last night.

It's strange because I still can't open the site but everyone else can. At the the same time it's only the site I mentioned and I'm having no problem viewing any other website.

Is it possible for a website to block just me and no one else from viewing it?

Yes, it's possible, by blocking your IP, but usually not done by a site admin as it's pointless unless you have a static (fixed) IP that doesn't change when you boot up. Most sites block the domain (your ISP), and that would lock out anyone using your ISP's service.

More than likely you have blocked the site yourself from within your browser, or via an add-on, or on your firewall.

Most if not all, web browsers have the capability, and firewall, whether it be software, or hardware have the cability to do this, as well as a router if you have one.

Are you getting an error message, and if so what is it?

Although the tread was removed I wanted to thank everyone in Canada who helped me by checking the website I was trying to download a parts list from last night.

It's strange because I still can't open the site but everyone else can. At the the same time it's only the site I mentioned and I'm having no problem viewing any other website.

Is it possible for a website to block just me and no one else from viewing it?

Latest posts

Back