Thank you!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave630

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I recently acquired my 1st chainsaw and joined this message board not long after. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for being so helpful. I have been able to learn a ton and NO ONE has been condescending or rude because of the fact that I am a non-professional. Thanks again and keep up the good work, you guys are the best!!:wink2:

WELCOME!
If you don't want to catch C.A.D. chainsaw aquisition disorder you'd best not be hanging around here very long!:hmm3grin2orange:

WELCOME!
If you don't want to catch C.A.D. chainsaw aquisition disorder you'd best not be hanging around here very long!:hmm3grin2orange:

I know! I have caught myself trolling craigslist for old jonsereds.... I did find a guy with some neat signs that I want for my garage!

Interested in some Mini Macs ... ? :dizzy:

No, thanks I am good on that... I bleed Jonsered red now.... If you're in to old McC's I should snap a picture of this old yellow saw my dad found while he was still alive and in the scrap and salvage business..... it's got an all-metal case and the motor is mounted in a strang position compared to my 630, perhaps you could tell me something about it if I sent in a pic???

No, thanks I am good on that... I bleed Jonsered red now.... If you're in to old McC's I should snap a picture of this old yellow saw my dad found while he was still alive and in the scrap and salvage business..... it's got an all-metal case and the motor is mounted in a strang position compared to my 630, perhaps you could tell me something about it if I sent in a pic???

we're waitin...

we're waitin...

It's gonna be a bit... I was just out there today helping my mom get his quads and harley put up for sale so it will be a while before I am out there again. This saw is weird though, it has the cylinder mounted sideways with the head pointing toward the back handle.

Maybe your Dad's Mac is a BP-1?

Model Profile: BP-1
Hi, no~ it's not a BP1, but I followed your link and those things look absolutely badass! Over 4 HP at under 14 lbs or close to it? capable of 12,000 RPM? Now I kind of want one! And it wasn't really his saw, he came in to it late in life. The saw he used for over 25 years is the Jonsered 630 West Coast in my profile pic which I am conviced is neat also.

It's definitely got the number 10 in the model number, horizontal cylinder and a black cover. Rest of it is yellow. Damn, now you guys got me curious, now I am going to wind up driving out to my mom's tomorrow am while I should be right here watching Russell Wilson and the 'Hawks slaughter Carolina. Thanks a heap...

(Seriously, thanks for the info)

Dave

http://www.arboristsite.com/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=3000

Ok curiousity wins. Follow the link above. The saw that's still out at my dad's shop is very similar to the one pictured, at least I distinctly remember a number 10 in the model and the word Automatic. Cool saw, still no Jonsered but what can I sa7? I am partial to the Swedes....

Last edited:
Damn, now you guys got me curious, now I am going to wind up driving out to my mom's tomorrow am while I should be right here watching Russell Wilson and the 'Hawks slaughter Carolina. Thanks a heap...

Russell Wilson went to high school about 4 miles from where I used to live in Virginia. He was quite a baseball player as well.

Russell Wilson went to high school about 4 miles from where I used to live in Virginia. He was quite a baseball player as well.

That is near Richmond, no?? That is awesome by the way! I know he played pro ball for a minor league affiliate of the Colorado Rockies in NC... Speaking of Richmond, they have a pretty neat 3/4 mile race track there too I hear :)

Hawks 12, Carolina 7 FINAL. Ugly win but we'll take it.

Latest posts

Back