The 385xp is here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope you like the 385 i don't like them much stock but when modded not a bad saw at all.But i still like my modded 460 better.

now now guys...lets now get in a pissing match...the man is a first time husky owner...so throw him a bone...we all know he is a hellofasawrunner so lets let him get accustomed to the new saw. i'm anxious to see how this thing runs

Well assumption happens, now I know. :cheers:

:cheers:

There are two ways to make a Stihl bar fit - either get an adaptor from Baileys or someone else that has them (Madsens??), or find two shims of the right size, to put around the bar studs.

Some further adjustment may have to be made as well, like lengthening the slot in the bar, or using a longer than speced chain - the simplest obviously is to get Husky mount bars from the outset.......

Last edited:
:cheers:

There are two ways to make a Stihl bar fit - either get an adaptor from Baileys or someone else that has them, or find two shims of the right size, to put around the bar studs.

Some further adjustment may have to be made as well, like lengthening the slot in the bar, or using a longer than speced chain - the simplest obviously is to get Husky mount bars from the outset.......

Well no Duhhh!!!!!! ST,,,,,, the Power head shipped W/O a bar,,,,,

There are not alot of Husky dealers in his locale....... Sheesh Niko!!!!!

Can you bring a little water to the table here!!!!!

Am I the only one getting thirsty??????

I suppose Beer would be better!!!!!!!:help:

:cheers: :cheers: :sucks:

Well no Duhhh!!!!!! ST,,,,,, the Power head shipped W/O a bar,,,,,

There are not alot of Husky dealers in his locale....... Sheesh Niko!!!!!

Can you bring a little water to the table here!!!!!

Am I the only one getting thirsty??????

I suppose Beer would be better!!!!!!!:help:

:cheers: :cheers: :sucks:

Some beer has been consumed already, look at the :cheers: signs higher up...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I just milled an adapter. 12mm width, 6mm high. My holes I think were 44mm apart. Flipped it over and made a notch for the little black screw in between the saw studs. She fit perfectly, but... I wallered out my holes a little too much and it's wobly with the bar on. Over all it was 70mm long. I then tried a 12mm wirst pin and it was too loose. But, I already ordered 2 adapters from Bailey's.
So I'm gonna go back out and drink some Heineken. Once again - :cheers: .

if i remember right you like the reduced weight oregon powermatchs, do they not make them for a husky? y not get one of those??and if the answer is $ or having different bars for different saws or that you already had the stihl bars and didn't wanna wait then i completely understand...just asking

if i remember right you like the reduced weight oregon powermatchs, do they not make them for a husky? y not get one of those??and if the answer is $ or having different bars for different saws or that you already had the stihl bars and didn't wanna wait then i completely understand...just asking

Once I get the adapters I can use my reduced weight Oregon's (Stihl mount)on the 385xp. At least that is my undertsanding. They do make them for Husky's though.

Once I get the adapters I can use my reduced weight Oregon's (Stihl mount)on the 385xp. At least that is my undertsanding. They do make them for Husky's though.

YeaH!!!that will work!!!!!!! and they're proud of them reduced weight puppies too!!!! my 36" I got from Madsens that I run on my hotrods was 100.00+!!!!!!!!!

But I love it!!!!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

if i used a 36" bar enough to justify it i would buy one of the reduced weight bars. but i don't..so i'll stick with my standard powermatch

Jasha,,,

Have you checked compression on the husky yet,,, was just wondering with the squish @ .036 what it would be on PSI ???? ya might want to
sling a little aluminum and tighten it up!!!!! a tad!!!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Jasha,,,

Have you checked compression on the husky yet,,, was just wondering with the squish @ .036 what it would be on PSI ???? ya might want to
sling a little aluminum and tighten it up!!!!! a tad!!!!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, thats standard proceedure around my shop. Just milled up another 460 last night - port it this morning and them on to the 385.
My 32" reduced weight bars are $120 at Madsen's. The 36s are like $136. Worth every dime - no more lead bars!

Yeah, thats standard proceedure around my shop. Just milled up another 460 last night - port it this morning and them on to the 385.
My 32" reduced weight bars are $120 at Madsen's. The 36s are like $136. Worth every dime - no more lead bars!

I agree,,,, if your toten them very far like you have to when you are on the job,,,, the difference is worth it in my book as well:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

especailly @ the end of the workday when the rear end is starting to drag!!!!!! I have a 28 & the 36 the 32 is next!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back