The Australian Atom chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like anything with a history especially if there's a little mystique to it. Cool old saws! Thanks for the post! ;)

Great overview you have there, Bob. I have seen those ATOM ignition modules for sale in hardware stores, but not in the last few years.

Gearhead1 said:
Great overview you have there, Bob. I have seen those ATOM ignition modules for sale in hardware stores, but not in the last few years.

There's still stock floating around but Atom stopped production as the components to build them were no longer available but they started production in 1969 so it had to happen eventually i suppose.

Atomic Bob ............. Mc Bob

modules

The orange modules worked quite well replacing the modules under the flywheel on 031's, and some other models. use to use them on everything. I will still take them out of a parts saw for re-use. NEVER had one fail.
Probably why I can't find them anymore.

Their saws weren't competitive in Australia's market place once the goverment removed the tariffs protecting them and the flood of saws coming onto the market scene but there post hole borer is still being made as we speak and has changed considerably since its release.

Mc Bob.

Hi Bob,

Nice collection to have, I'd say, and a piece of history to preserve.
never seen an Atom in Europe so far. Do you know which countries they were sold to in the past ?
Roland

Gday Roland what what i have been able to piece together over the last few weeks is i see Australia, New Zealand but i see some of the fellas on chainsaw collectors forum have found them in Europe and Wayne had his sent to him in Washington from Australia.

But maybe there were more international sales that we don't know of but on the 8th of Jan 2007 the fellas from Atom will be back at work so maybe they will respond to some of the questions i asked of them, slowly but surely it will all come together.

Atomic Mc Bob .....................

Latest posts

Back