The Awesome Threesome!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TreeCo said:
That's a good attitude. It's all in fun. I'm sure the 441 is a good saw for those that don't know any better...... LOL

For those that don't know, hmmmmm , awwwwwwwwwwww your referring to yourself,okokokok,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

saxman said:
I had a great weekend also, still working on some storm damaged trees from a July storm we had in the area. I think I have 3 pretty good saws myself, a MS260, MS361, and a brand spanking new MS441. I got the 441 on Friday after reading all the comments on here, I had to get one to see for myself. It is not broken in yet but I really like it so far. I had a mint condition 044 that I traded on the 441 to compare it to. The 441 is much smoother and seems to have alot more chain speed. I have to agree with Thall and Lake, it indeed is Da Prince! LOL, I hope I don't get something started.

Glad you like your new saw...:cheers:

shucksters said:
You will love the MS200T- I highly recommend it! All of mine were dropped in a fairly narrow row between 2 horse pens without a hitch. I can't emphasize how great the stihl professional grade saws are. The only one missing from my line up is the 660- I can smell one in my future...
If I were looking for an 066. I'd be looking at an older used saw, maybe one of the '91 Red Light Specials. My thinking is Stihl's going to remodel the 660's pretty soon to the 661, and then you'll want to upgrade.

That's a good idea- I'm in no hurry right now. I sold the one horse that ate the trees BTW to my farrier (he just chewed trees- he was the only one) who has NO trees in his pasture- the other nine (horses) don't bother them. I've got about 14 acres of pasture- I rope year round and love it....and I like playing with chainsaws ALMOST as much as I like ropin'. ;)

Mike Maas said:
If I were looking for an 066. I'd be looking at an older used saw, maybe one of the '91 Red Light Specials. My thinking is Stihl's going to remodel the 660's pretty soon to the 661, and then you'll want to upgrade.

I'm now hearing it will be one of the last to get modified... maybe by 2010-11

I'd be looking for the one with the beefier crank/polymer flywheel... roughly 1996 onward

Latest posts

Back