Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone happen to have a service manual for Echo CS-490 and/or Husky 460 Rancher? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

Would it be possible to get a copy of the Stihl 012av user/service manuals as well as the Husqvarna 455 Rancher?

Thank you so much!

Can someone here help me interpret this stihl IPL, I’m looking for the av buffer circled in blue but there seems to be 3 different parts numbers. Also why is there a serial number break listed (red highlighted box) and which parts does It refer to?
84f6dca8a4e1ba93f814424adb635498.jpg

What is a 044W? I’m guessing R refers to the wrap handle model and C refers to automatic choke??
I think the W is the Winter (heated handle) version. The C is the auto choke, as you surmised - a clever but overly complicated mechanism. I had one, hated it, converted to a standard choke.
As to the different part numbers for the same part Stihl used a slightly different buffer for the wrap (3) than for the other models (1,2,4). As for the serial number break, someone would have to check the relevant tech note from 1999 to see what specific change was made and whether parts could interchange.

There are 3 different av buffers depending on the exact version of the saw. The one with the serial no.break is used up to the printed serial no. Then the buffers were replaced through softer ones.

The 044W is the version with heated handles. C means comfort feature and can be different things.

Ok great thanks for the reply! I never knew auto choke was an option until I looked at the IPL. W for winter would make sense i didn’t think of that! I’ll go to the dealer and find out which buffer I need.

Hi, y'all are awesome

I've got an 011 av, and a manual would be mighty handy.

Thank you!

It looks like it might be missing a breather part/valve/filter under the air filter/carb cover. Leaks like bad.

Check your inbox. Sent the 009,010,011 service manual for the 012 along with an 009 owners manual.

Hi team

Chasing service manuals for

Husky 55 non rancher model. I have an ipl just need manual

Also husky 550xp mk 1 non trio brake model. Need IPL and Service manual please.

Thanks

Back