Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im looking for a repair / service manual for my MS-250 that i am rebuilding. the saw was given to me and i want to get her back up and running .

I got the service manual, thanks GO. Still need the IPL for a 200t. Thanks in advance.

Anybody have a manual for the ProMac 850? An IPL would be welcome too.

Bob here's a link to the IPL for your saw. The MN/SN tag in the airbox of your saw isn't correct, as that tank/carb box assembly came from a PM800 (which is a later saw in the series). Most, but not all of the important parts are the same between the 800 and 850 however. Your model # is 600439D. The Serial # prefix is 13.

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/McC...D-PRO-MAC-850-04-77-to-08-80-IPL-93715-R6.pdf

Your saw has a Tillotson HS carb (most of these either have a Walbro SDC or a Zama), and takes an RK-23HS kit. I just rebuilt the carb (and you run avgas), so you shouldn't be needing to get into it for a long time.

I don't have an operators manual for that saw. I do have the 10-series Service Manual, as well as the SP-80 supplement for it (which covers the differences between the 82cc Macs and the smaller 10-series saws).

Back