The belgian Hollywood connection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
More than a year ago, I was contacted by a local film crew which was looking for a 'manly' chainsaw with the longest bar available. The lady in charge for decor and attributes had found my name somewhere on a US website (I guess AS) and paid me a visit. The film name and actors were not disclosed at the time so I had no clue if this whole thing was for real or not. But I decided to give it a go.

Her choice fell on a Stihl Contra with 48"bar that she wanted to rent for a couple of weeks. It seems that they made a replica for action scenes as the saw evidently was too heavy for that. But they used the original saw for 'spark effects', so they ruined at least one chain. But it was compensated for.

She informed me this week that the film has been released in the US recently, and it's not sure if it wil be released in europe.
It seems to be a horror film starring Nicolas cage. But rather special…, not everybody's taste apparently.

here's the trailor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI054ow6KJk

you can see a glimpse of the contra at the very end. I would like to know if someone has seen the film and if the saw is shown often or not. Let me know if my saw has become legendary or not…..:givebeer:
I'll post a pic of the saw later.

Here's a pic of the saw used. When I got it back, the bar was repainted and had been baptized "Termite" by the crew.
I purchased 2 sets of new bars for them, since I did not have such a long one readily available. As you know, we europeans are the sawyers with the short bars, hehe…..:innocent:

The saw evidently is a bit 'nose heavy' with this particular outfit, and handles like a freight train.

DSC02844.JPG

Good for you Roland, but surely you could have found a long bar to put on one of the big McCulloch saws.

For those of you that don't know him, Roland is pretty scary himself…

Mark

Hush you heathen…. LOL. No need to post that ugly mug of mine on a public forum. Besides, i have become much prettier with growing age….:cry:
Fact is that the lady decorator was disappointed that she met me very late in the film recording stage. She was quite impressed with the historic saws and accessories which could have been handy for creating a logging cabin; at least that is what she said.

In fact, I pushed for a big Mac to be used, given the US background. But the Contra somehow triggered her fancy, don't know why. At least, she had good taste imo …:yes:

Latest posts

Back