the big rig's???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
IMG_6541.JPG IMG_6542.JPG IMG_6543.JPG IMG_6544.JPG IMG_6545.JPG the big rig's, for going into them places your just not meant to be in? tow this old unit behind the tractor to gather some of the nicer butt cuts from the blow down area I have been cutting in off an on through the winter. mounting a 4500 pound super winch instead of the old hand crank. this winch was on the front of the f250 plow truck, took the better part of the afternoon to revamp this old stand by for another summer of log chasing to make loading a bit easier.

View attachment 412295 View attachment 412296 View attachment 412297 View attachment 412298 View attachment 412299 the big rig's, for going into them places your just not meant to be in? tow this old unit behind the tractor to gather some of the nicer butt cuts from the blow down area I have been cutting in off an on through the winter. mounting a 4500 pound super winch instead of the old hand crank. this winch was on the front of the f250 plow truck, took the better part of the afternoon to revamp this old stand by for another summer of log chasing to make loading a bit easier.

Looks good. I'd put at least a small box on it to hold saws and tools or a bigger one to add a bit of wood capacity.

Harry K

Looks good. I'd put at least a small box on it to hold saws and tools or a bigger one to add a bit of wood capacity.

Harry K
harry, the trailer will hold a solid cord of 100" when stacked to the top of the 3.5' uprights ... the width between the uprights is 5' and I have hauled 12' logs piled that high also which makes 1.5 cords for red oak being the heaviest that I move with the ole girl... she is starting to show her age after 30 years though, getting saggy here and there, bent out of shape, been snapped in half in front of the bunk at the a frame & tower.... so it is what it is till her mud flaps start dragging the ground! lol !OH?? that's right she dropped her mud flaps 40 years ago (she's a 1963 Chevy heavy half) after the front was totaled from a big ole black bear. for a box, I put all the cutting tools in the bucket of the tractor or the atv.

I love the wood hauler. please try to snap a couple pics in action... haulin, or loading. thanx. :)

Nice job! Do you plan on buying a boat battery to run it? Youll have to take some pics of it in use when complete. :)
for power I will use the power supply that is on the truck for the rear winch on/in the rear bumper or the same power supply from the tractor which has a high output alt. jumper lead to the rear to keep the battery charged. and yes a deep cycle boat battery works best !

harry, the trailer will hold a solid cord of 100" when stacked to the top of the 3.5' uprights ... the width between the uprights is 5' and I have hauled 12' logs piled that high also which makes 1.5 cords for red oak being the heaviest that I move with the ole girl... she is starting to show her age after 30 years though, getting saggy here and there, bent out of shape, been snapped in half in front of the bunk at the a frame & tower.... so it is what it is till her mud flaps start dragging the ground! lol !OH?? that's right she dropped her mud flaps 40 years ago (she's a 1963 Chevy heavy half) after the front was totaled from a big ole black bear. for a box, I put all the cutting tools in the bucket of the tractor or the atv.

Aha! That makes sense. I thought you were yarding to the road and cutting up there. I had a 62 1/2 ton. Beat the piss out of it hauling wood. Went through eh St. Helens ash and would take a quart of oil coming out with a load down a grade. Had the engine totally rebuilt, got it back, and it cracked in the cam gallery = oil in water. Junked it.

Harry K

Harry K

I love the wood hauler. please try to snap a couple pics in action... haulin, or loading. thanx. :)
hupte, I will snap a few pics of her in action after I get a few tires changed to be able to haul legally again.. also a few of the ole girl holding up her own with a full load, or more if she is up to it? lol

Impressive Chucker, very nice set up.
hey! clint, I have had this ole girl for so long that there's more memories with her then the wife shares with me !! lol not quite as much mold on the wife I might add but she is showing her age.(the trailer and wife) lol again! but what can a guy expect when pulling it around for more years than the ole lady?

I would love to see that thing in action. Awesome!!
you may get your wish... the next auction is on Thursday morning for a sealed bid on 200 cords of storm damaged timber on a 11 acre tract, so hoping my bid will secure the winter supply of timber/firewood! the allis along with the "big rig" for it's size will make things a bit easier for longer logs!

Back