The biggest tree I ever cut in my life with a husqvarna 450, John Deere backhoe and MF 30 tractor.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkim13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
There are a couple of reasons to decide to cut this lovely tree.

First: the tree continuously causes trouble to the water line because drought is worsening in California. It causes the tree to consume water more aggressively.

I had to repair the broken main water pipeline two times in 2 weeks I was considering relocating the water line but It is too hard to do unless I change the whole well system which means I can't afford the money and labor.

I see the root at 200ft from the main tree trunk. It causes problems for other fruit trees.

Second: My neighbor recommended cutting the tree because that size tree consumes more than 1000 gallon of water per day (I don't know if it is true or not but it consumes a lot of water surely )

It was hard to decide to cut the tree until now.
It is kind of a symbol of my ranch.
I would want to save it.
Jkk

I truly admire the fact that both look spectacularly maintained. No messy hydraulic oil leaks or stains. No EPA Superfund site on your ranch!
😊😊
Yes. repairing, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment are necessary for the ranch.
So, when I need to do something with one of the equipment, it is ready to work at the time.
Also, the old made in USA machinery made last forever as long as well maintains, not like today's throw away machinery.
Thanks,
Jkk

Looks like a digger pine, but I haven’t seen any that big. I say digger pine because I’m not aware of other pines that grow multiple trunks.
Somehow most of the digger pine trees on my property have many trunks like I cut.😉😉😉

My tractor is a 60 hp full size tractor not a cute little tractor..😒😒😒
Thanks
jkk

Back