The Chow Line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnichols

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Because folks that hang out here are typically hearty, salt of the earth types, we usually like to eat well. And, if you like to eat well, that means you or your wife, significant other, etc...cooked up some good chow for supper. So, put down what you or her whipped up for the evening meal. Remember, frozen pizza is ok...once in a while. Plus, it'll help give me ideas for something different when it's "my" night to cook. So, seeings how I started this, I'll go first.

It was her turn tonight because I had to venture into the city for my "day" job this afternoon. She made chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, white pepper gravy, and corn from this summer that we put away in the freezer. Now that I think about it, the potatoes were from the garden too.

Turkey noodle cheese casserole with french fried onion on top with a side salad....Its the OK we are tired of eating turkey lets whip something up and get rid of the left over turkey from thanksgiving...I look forward to it every year...my wife makes a tasty meal

Jeff

I brought home three bottles of red tonight, left one in the ford, temperature seems almost right, gonna get the other one in a minute, think its gonna be a me and her samwich tonight:heart:

Just whipped up a casserole from Italian sausage, Mushrooms, peppers, Rotini and Marsala sauteed onion.

Nothing special, just a break from Turkey leftovers.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I brought home three bottles of red tonight, left one in the ford, temperature seems almost right, gonna get the other one in a minute, think its gonna be a me and her samwich tonight:heart:

Hard to beat a good "samwich"! :cheers:

Guamanian Sta Fau tonight, and always pour the juice on the rice. also had lightly cooked asparagus.

Just whipped up a casserole from Italian sausage, Mushrooms, peppers, Rotini and Marsala sauteed onion.

Nothing special, just a break from Turkey leftovers.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

See, I'm already gettin' somewhere. The misses wants the recipe for this. And for the record, I'm about "turkeyed" out as well. What little is left, might go to Sam (the barn/woodshed cat).

Field rations:

Northwesttrip036.jpg

See, I'm already gettin' somewhere. The misses wants the recipe for this. And for the record, I'm about "turkeyed" out as well. What little is left, might go to Sam (the barn/woodshed cat).

Sautee up 4-5 cloves of Garlic and a baseball sized sweet onion diced, lower heat and add about 1-1/4lb of Ital sausage and brown, deglaze with about a 1/4 cup of Marsala and simmer while tossing in a good handfull of chopped Basil and flat leaf parsley, 1/2 cup chopped green peppers and a cup of thin sliced baby Portabellas untill the marsala steams off, drop in 3 cups of crushed maters and let it simmer down about 10 Min.

Boil Penne or Rotini for about 5 Min, or "Half done", strain, and work into the sauce while adding a handfull of grated Parm. Transfer to casserole dish, cover with chunks of Mozzerella, and bake 30 Min. @ 350 untill the Mozz is brown.
Takes about 15 Min to prep before tossing in the Oven for 30.

It's a cheat on proper Zitti, but gets the job done.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Turkey pot pie from thanksgiving turkey, with fresh tators and carrots. 3 inch deep pie dish. Yummmm, yum.

Because folks that hang out here are typically hearty, salt of the earth types, we usually like to eat well. And, if you like to eat well, that means you or your wife, significant other, etc...cooked up some good chow for supper. So, put down what you or her whipped up for the evening meal. Remember, frozen pizza is ok...once in a while. Plus, it'll help give me ideas for something different when it's "my" night to cook. So, seeings how I started this, I'll go first.

It was her turn tonight because I had to venture into the city for my "day" job this afternoon. She made chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, white pepper gravy, and corn from this summer that we put away in the freezer. Now that I think about it, the potatoes were from the garden too.

that's so good it'd make your tongue slap your brains out !!!!!:msp_thumbup:

my daughter (4yo) directed her first dinner making the other night from the stool near the stove...leftover soup

can of tomato soup
4ish cans of milk
all the leftover stuffing
lb of turkey salad (incl'd cranberry and celery)
1/3 brick of velveeta
can of olives
leftover breakfast sausage, eggs, and taters
squirt or two of ranch dressing
couple tablespoons from the spice jar we call "table blend"
a finely chopped apple

I was sketchy about the apple, but it turned out fan-friggin'-tabulous...totally silent at the table!

we don't often use a recipe here...unless it's science stuff

cheers!

Deer roast with onions taters and carrots cooked in a crockpot all day. or a tater tot casserole.

Scott

Latest posts

Back