The elusive 562 outer bucking spike

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteHavenFarm

Tree Farmah
Reaction score
Boy this has turned out to be a real head scratcher.

Once I learned that there was an outer spike available in the IPL, I strolled into my local dealer and placed one on order. Along with the complimenting bolts and nuts. A week later I return to pick it up and he tells me he wasn't able to get the nuts (most common saw part ever??) but he has the spike and bolts. Its the wrong one. It appears to be the one for a 560 or triple 5 as its a small mount style. Here is the pic

p1020807j.jpg

The part numbers on the bag did not match what I gave him. He claimed that Husq changed the number and they still sent the correct dawg. I had to hold it up against a 562 on the shelf and he still wouldn't agree that it was wrong. :bang::msp_mad: His claim was that they sent what I asked for. By this point I am ready to just get my coin back and find another dealer. He ultimately says he will call Husq and find out what happened.
A week later I return after not hearing from him, he says "I don't know anything". Still claiming that Husq sent him what I asked for. :bang:

I put in the part number for the larger spike kit (576873002) as seen here:
newbitmapimageux.jpg

Im aware that this kit is on back order for a little while yet but cant seem to grasp why the correct outer dawg is impossible to get. Has anyone else tried?
I would like to own both the standard outer bucking spike and the larger "felling dawg kit".

Last edited:
They're just not out yet - and there is an error in the system currently that supercedes the number that gets punched in to the smaller dawg number.

Latest posts

Back