The good old Craigslist arborist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're cropping up more and more around here. They come in and "beat anyone's price" and if they don't get killed they always go out of business in about a year. Then the customers wonder why the price has suddenly gone up when they are forced to hire a reputable company. The price hasn't gone up, they're just having to pay a fair price now.

We had a lady cancel a job about three months ago because unbelievably she came up with some moron she found on craigslist. I didn't give a damn one way or another...it wasn't a very good job to start with. Anyway, apparently the goober she hired got the tree down without too much trouble but some jackturd he had helping him comes with a lawsuit over his hurt neck. According to her neighbors, she is being harassed on an almost daily basis by someone in the lawyers office for a settlement offer and this is after the "injured" guy came to her house and she wrote him a check for $5,000 based on the promise he would go away and leave her alone. You just have to love it and I do...I absolutely love it.

I gave an estimate on decent sized Red Oak right by a house about a month ago. Got the job. Told them it would be about a month. I called in 3 weeks to set the date for a couple days later. I was told someone started it Monday but thanks anyway. Ok no problem. Just happened to be in the neighborhood the next day and drove by. They had been on the tree 4 days at this time. There was about 5 good limbs gone and a section of a ladder strapped to the tree starting at about 15 ft up going to about 28 ft up. Nothing on the lower part of the tree. Kinda odd. I saw a couple of shady looking characters loafing around the back yard. A week and a half later the tree is gone. Nothing but a 4 ft high stump and a couple of moderately bent rails on the chain link fence right under it. It was in the back yard so I couldn't see the roof but could only hope there was a little damage there too.

I gave an estimate on decent sized Red Oak right by a house about a month ago. Got the job. Told them it would be about a month. I called in 3 weeks to set the date for a couple days later. I was told someone started it Monday but thanks anyway. Ok no problem. Just happened to be in the neighborhood the next day and drove by. They had been on the tree 4 days at this time. There was about 5 good limbs gone and a section of a ladder strapped to the tree starting at about 15 ft up going to about 28 ft up. Nothing on the lower part of the tree. Kinda odd. I saw a couple of shady looking characters loafing around the back yard. A week and a half later the tree is gone. Nothing but a 4 ft high stump and a couple of moderately bent rails on the chain link fence right under it. It was in the back yard so I couldn't see the roof but could only hope there was a little damage there too.
Was that in arkadelphia ?

Latest posts

Back