The "how much is it worth" thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

034avsuper

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I got this idea off of another forum. Thought it might be a good idea for the site as I see alot of guys asking how much a used saw is worth, myself included. I'll start it off, how much should a Pioneer P26 and P28 go for? Both in running condition.

Saws are worth what the buyer is willing to pay and what the seller is willing to sell it at PERIOD. They are no different that any other item in the world

I got this idea off of another forum. Thought it might be a good idea for the site as I see alot of guys asking how much a used saw is worth, myself included. I'll start it off, how much should a Pioneer P26 and P28 go for? Both in running condition.

I will give ya $25 towards posting them to me in australia....lol just joking

If you really want some idea of monetary value of a saw, go to feebay, and search completed listings for the saw you're interested in. Realize these values are at the high end based on a very large buying audience. If you're selling locally, figure on getting at best 1/2 to maybe 3/4 of what you saw on feebay.

Dan

How about this? If you guys want this thread to work, lets require pictures to be posted as well as compression and known issues and serial number if (applicable.) These things coupled with the approximate location of the saw will allow folks to give a good guess on value.

Just saying a model number means nothing. An 056 AV could be worth from $5 to $1000. If it is hit by a train and caught on fire you are going to be at the $5 level. If it is NOS in the sealed box, you'll probably be alot closer to the $1000 mark.

I just sold mine(p26) a couple weeks ago with case for 118.50 plus 30 for shipping...it blew my mind that i got that much....Im tellin ya guys if you sell on feebay.......start it on a sunday afternoon and let it end a week later on a sunday afternoon....I sold a decent at best promac 55 powerhead with no bar no case for 155 plus 25 shipping....I almost needed new skibbys as I almost crapped in them...lol

Good thread idea! Just remember that there is used saw value- and ebay value. And they are two very different prices (most of the time) heheh.

How much is this minty 039 worth? Strong runner. Not including B&C.View attachment 185468View attachment 185469View attachment 185470
Thanks guys! :cheers:

Normally...I would say $200-$250 local sale...
maybe a bit more on Ebay...

With all the destruction down there in Missouri...it could go
for quite a bit more...maybe.
I don't see anything "special" about that bar and chain...
why not let them go with the saw???

(One sold on Ebay just couple days ago for $305...
with 160 compression and 30 days warranty)
:cheers:
J2F

Last edited:
Sunday evening in winter is great on e-bay, this time of year,
a lot of folks are out enjoying the sun. Holiday weekends avoid, like
this one....

Or just put it in an e-bay store at a high price, then lower it a tad until it sells.

I was watching a sachs 112 on ebay because i have one I might sell. I was a little shocked when it went for $305 plus shipping. Is that about right? I don't see many complete sachs on ebay but they always go pretty high. I hate to sell it but I need some cash to build a 133 I have quite a few parts for and it's not gonna be cheap.

I was watching a sachs 112 on ebay because i have one I might sell. I was a little shocked when it went for $305 plus shipping. Is that about right? I don't see many complete sachs on ebay but they always go pretty high. I hate to sell it but I need some cash to build a 133 I have quite a few parts for and it's not gonna be cheap.

I should sell my Sachs 113 then, considering I paid $80 for it in great running condition, lol.

Problem with saw value is that its highly dependant on the condition... Beat up 066 worth 300, nice worth 700 both used both run good.. Beat up 041s worth 100, mint 400.. My opinion of course.. But if a saw is kept in real nice shape it usually goes for close to new value.. If it gets used hard they arent worth much more than parts saws..

Damn, I have a Sachs 112 on there now and it's been stuck on $11.50 with just a couple days left and it's in prime condition, I can only hope mine goes for 305.:msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
How much is this minty 039 worth? Strong runner. Not including B&C.View attachment 185468View attachment 185469View attachment 185470
Thanks guys! :cheers:

I'm inline with J2F. I think locally you can get about $150 for it and online....probably $225. You might have to list it more than once though. The orange handle Stihls typically have a smaller audience than the white handles. Also, for the orange handle models, I would most certainly include that bar and chain in the sale. Less important for the white handle ones.....IMHO.

Ok how about a McCulloch 895 or a pro mac 555 worth in running conditions ?

MANUFACTURED BY: McCULLOCH MOTORS CORP.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A.
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER: 600135, serial prefix 10, 11, 12
YEAR INTRODUCED: August 1967
YEAR DISCONTINUED: December 1971
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 6.3 cu. in. (103cc)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1
CYLINDER BORE: 2.217 in. (56.3 mm)
PISTON STROKE: 1.635 in. (41.5 mm)
CYLINDER TYPE: Aluminum with cast iron sleeve
INTAKE METHOD: Reed valves with third port transfer
MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.: not advertised
WEIGHT : 27-1/2 lbs. (12.6 kg) powerhead only
OPERATOR CONFIGURATION: One Man operation
HANDLEBAR SYSTEM: Rigid
CHAIN BRAKE: none
CLUTCH: Centrifugal
DRIVE TYPE: Gear reduction
CONSTRUCTION: Die cast magnesium
MAGNETO TYPE: McCulloch flywheel magneto
CARBURETOR: McCulloch with primer pump
MAJOR REPAIR KIT: n/a
MINOR REPAIR KIT: n/a
AIR FILTER SYSTEM: Flocked wire screen
STARTER TYPE: Automatic rewind (McCulloch design)
OIL PUMP: Automatic with manual override
OPERATING RPM:
IGNITION TIMING: 26 degrees before TDC
BREAKER POINT SETTING: 0.020 in. (0.51 mm)
FLYWHEEL/COIL AIR GAP: 0.010 in. (0.25 mm)
SPARK PLUG TYPE: AC CS45T, Champion DJ8
SPARK PLUG GAP: 0.025 in. (0.63 mm)
CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS: Ball
FUEL TANK CAPACITY:
FUEL OIL RATIO: 40:1
RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE: Regular grade
MIX OIL SPECIFICATION: McCulloch Two-Cycle mix oil
CHAIN PITCH: 1/2 in.
CHAIN TYPE: McCulloch Pintail
BAR MOUNT PATTERN:
SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 20 in. (50 cm)
LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 36 in. (91.4 cm)
COLOUR SCHEME: McCulloch Yellow enamel with Black fuel tank cover and air filter cover
PAINT CODES:
ILLUSTRATED PARTS LIST:
SERVICE MANUAL:

And a promac 555

Last edited:
MANUFACTURED BY: McCULLOCH MOTORS CORP.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A.
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER: 600135, serial prefix 10, 11, 12
YEAR INTRODUCED: August 1967
YEAR DISCONTINUED: December 1971
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 6.3 cu. in. (103cc)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1
CYLINDER BORE: 2.217 in. (56.3 mm)
PISTON STROKE: 1.635 in. (41.5 mm)
CYLINDER TYPE: Aluminum with cast iron sleeve
INTAKE METHOD: Reed valves with third port transfer
MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.: not advertised
WEIGHT : 27-1/2 lbs. (12.6 kg) powerhead only
OPERATOR CONFIGURATION: One Man operation
HANDLEBAR SYSTEM: Rigid
CHAIN BRAKE: none
CLUTCH: Centrifugal
DRIVE TYPE: Gear reduction
CONSTRUCTION: Die cast magnesium
MAGNETO TYPE: McCulloch flywheel magneto
CARBURETOR: McCulloch with primer pump
MAJOR REPAIR KIT: n/a
MINOR REPAIR KIT: n/a
AIR FILTER SYSTEM: Flocked wire screen
STARTER TYPE: Automatic rewind (McCulloch design)
OIL PUMP: Automatic with manual override
OPERATING RPM:
IGNITION TIMING: 26 degrees before TDC
BREAKER POINT SETTING: 0.020 in. (0.51 mm)
FLYWHEEL/COIL AIR GAP: 0.010 in. (0.25 mm)
SPARK PLUG TYPE: AC CS45T, Champion DJ8
SPARK PLUG GAP: 0.025 in. (0.63 mm)
CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS: Ball
FUEL TANK CAPACITY:
FUEL OIL RATIO: 40:1
RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE: Regular grade
MIX OIL SPECIFICATION: McCulloch Two-Cycle mix oil
CHAIN PITCH: 1/2 in.
CHAIN TYPE: McCulloch Pintail
BAR MOUNT PATTERN:
SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 20 in. (50 cm)
LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 36 in. (91.4 cm)
COLOUR SCHEME: McCulloch Yellow enamel with Black fuel tank cover and air filter cover
PAINT CODES:
ILLUSTRATED PARTS LIST:
SERVICE MANUAL:

And a promac 555

Without seeing them I will give ya $100, you pay postage...lol!

seriously without ALL SIGNIFICANT photos showing condition of EVERYTHING and all relevant history of the saws in question all prices are just speculation!

Latest posts

Back