The Husqvarna 372XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it might have made a good couple of sawlogs, but couldn't see the economics in callng the logtruck for 300 board feet, so I sliced it and diced it.:rock:
John

372Ferndale1.jpg

372Ferndale.jpg

Why'd you poke holes in the cover, John? Do you think it helps, what with Husky's good air injection system?

I'll bet my head tur...err.. guru.. 372 will beat its panties off.....It obliterates the Walkerized one I "stole" from you that is still going strong..and beats the PP7900 as well. Interesting, that saw is sporting a different style gas cap, is that how it came?

Last edited:
Hi Roger, I had a an extra cover kicking around and so I drilled it up for WJ's last GTG. I left it as it was after I got home and thought I'd try it and was sceptical at first about whether it would just get dirtier that much faster.
Anyway, it doesn't take air in, it seems to blow it out of the drilled holes. So I don't know what gives as to whether it defeats the air injection system or not, but it looks good.
Actualy the saw is one FMC built for me, then I created an airleak when I replaced the base gasket with gasket maker and lean seized it, but buffed it out and replaced the rings and now it's :rockn: again.
John

Cool, John
Does it rock and roll and reel till the break of dawn?...:cheers:

Roger, there's no way your HT372 will beat my SM 372, especially since you haven't run the requisite 827 tanks thru it to loosen it up.:rock:
John

rbtree said:
Why'd you poke holes in the cover, John? Do you think it helps, what with Husky's good air injection system?

I'll bet my head tur...err.. guru.. 372 will beat its panties off.....It obliterates the Walkerized one I "stole" from you that is still going strong..and beats the PP7900 as well. Interesting, that saw is sporting a different style gas cap, is that how it came?
Roger, If I recall correctly, I took the caps out of a 359.
John
OldTruck.jpg

Wow them is some of the best look'in saws i have seen in a while Hmmmmmm

Roger I would be real careful wagering much that FMC 372 runs real well !!!!:greenchainsaw:
BTW any ported 372 that wont beat a ported 7900 is a real pig :cheers: now stock is a whole different ball game..........:deadhorse:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back