the husqvarna mystery saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Reaction score
well guys, i am currently doing the new faller training here in B.C. been one heck of a good time. anyways, the first 4 days the group of 4 trainee's are with our lead trainer going over the basics. after the 4 days another 3 QST's come in to do one on one training. i lucked out and ended up getting a QST who is also some kind of husqvarna rep. for the last few days he has been using a 372 xtorq during the training but this morning was something else. he opened the back of his truck and i noticed a beat up saw in the back and his xtorq wasn't with him. i noticed right away that it looked very similar to a 562 only bigger so i assumed it had to be a 576. once we were up in the stand he put the saw down where we were gonna leave all our gear and i noticed that it for sure wasn't no 576. i got closer to it and asked him where he got it which he responded "it's husqvarna's secret weapon". i then proceded to tell him that i already knew about that saw the 572 but he reponded saying it's not a 572. i then picked up the saw to view any possible signs of what it could be but there was nothing on it whatsoever. no tag, stickers, absolutely nothing identifying. it's definitely bigger then a 562 for sure. i mean it looks nearly identicle but everything is bigger and the cylinder cover is a high top. the case is also orange with a silver clutch cover. towards the end of the day the recoil spring in my 385 took a dump so with only an hour of work left in the day i asked him if i could try it out. he hmmm'd and hawww'd but eventually gave in. that is one sweeeeeet saw although i am not convinced it is a 572. i'm thinking it's something larger. it was bone stock and pulled the chain around a 36" bar buried with authority. at the end of the day my trainer and i got to talking and i asked why he was running a stihl light bar on that saw. he told me that he sent one of those bars to sweden for husky to examine and is testing out the one he has. he wouldn't give me any info and wouldn't let me take any pictures so you guys are just gonna have to believe me. was a really good day. he also asked me to not mention anything to anyone which i did but i'm not gonna mention his name. you guys already know husky's gonna come out with something big here soon.

Sounds like a replacement for the 390 and 395 - it is bound to happen some day...

...but I wasn't expecting it quite yet? o_O

You never know when it will come out. All I know is he has a prototype and said he's had it for nearly a year and a half. It was lighter then his 372 torq for sure but had way more balls. Who knows, maybe it is a 572. I just figured they'd make a 572 smaller then what this one was. Heck the muffler was big and the exact same design as the 562 muff.

So u are telling us it's a 562 or steroids and is really light and cuts like crazy. You got me excited now to see what Huskies up to

You never know when it will come out. All I know is he has a prototype and said he's had it for nearly a year and a half. It was lighter then his 372 torq for sure but had way more balls. Who knows, maybe it is a 572. I just figured they'd make a 572 smaller then what this one was. Heck the muffler was big and the exact same design as the 562 muff.

Most likely it is the 572 - I was just dreaming for a while.......;)

Oh man a bigger husky that is an auto tune. I just giggled like a little school girl!! Oh boy I'm excited now!

Prototype test saws rarely wind up in production as they are tested in the field, especially if the saw was over a year old. Generally they (Stihl and Husky) send new 'in design' prototype saws out to be tested with several different configurations, and redesign them as they get feedback from being used. They also tear them down to see what happened to them over time. They also run the crap out of them in the factory, but that rarely results in real world results. READ: they do not a new release production saw to fail like the first release of the Stihl 661, or the early Husky 576. As for asking questions, anyone with a prototype or test saw has to sign a non-disclosure agreement. So they are legally on the hook for not releasing ~any~ information about them.

I ran across a clear cased demo model of a Husky 346xp 2nd ed. once. I begged to buy it. The dealer said, "Sorry, it belongs to the factory and has to be returned." He also said that if he could, he would have bought it himself, and that even he could not buy it. So back to Sweden it went. :(:cry::confused:o_O:eek::buttkick:

Latest posts

Back