The Kart Engine Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice website Brian. What can you tell me about the kart under the Quincy 2011 event photos with what looks like an MC-91 with dual carbs fed through the flywheel housing? Never seen a setup like that. Some sort of pull-through carb supercharger?

Kart engines

Great thread here. Getting sidetracked by all the vintage karts!...Remember walking into Troy Ruttman's go-kart shop on Ford Rd., in Dearborn about 1961-2 and thinking I'm just in heaven...Couldn't afford to go racing but he was a good guy and it was all karts all the time. Those Macs were king at the time. Glad there's some still around. So glad this thread was brought up to date. Like to see more. Loved karts then but that was big $$$ to a 16 yr old. Still nice to see them. Gonna have to spend some time at the local kart track this summer...when I'm not looking for firewood, of course. Thanks to all for the great nostalgia.

Mac custom built rotary valve . Uses a modified circular saw blade for the rotary valve

That was my second thought. Feeds through the bottom then? Not much flywheel effect, but I bet it's a rev-gaining monster. Neat bit of fabrication. Battery is there because there's no magneto?

We took our karts to the Billetproof car show.

all Power Products motors

I was doing some mock up work on the blue Fox kart so we took it with .

Dual AH82 .030 over dual carb alcohol motors

We are getting pretty close to the final assembly on the kart and motors .

Brian

I don't know what they would put out . I saw a good set of 82s will give a pair of 101s a run .
They would pull the 101s out of the corners :clap::clap::clap::rock::rock:

You cant tell I have a thing for Power Products , can you ?

Last edited:
I am getting started on my 101AA saw project, looks like I will need a piston and rings. Options are:

84473 & 66047 +0.020
84474 & 66045 +0.030
84476 & 69469 +0.050

Any help or suggestions will be most appreciated.

Mark

Look up Terry Ives industries . He might be able to help you out.

Latest posts

Back