the "Licketysplitter"...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruzer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
guy is local to me and found it while browsing the C-list. I think it would be most effective if you were say loading your pickup were you could just grab a round...bring it to the truck and then split it into the truck but just splitting it into a pile seems like a lot of back and forth type work...more than nessary...

Over all the idea seems pretty cool though...

http://licketysplitter.com/

Stew

How long before he prangs the side of that nice purdy new truck with that toy tractor LOLOLOLLLL. Does look handy for the big rounds big still need to work them down to a smaller size afterwards. Notice he is working on a lawn. I want to see that tractor in a real woods environment, not some smooth lawn. How often does anyone get wood in such a prestein place to work?

I agree, it's a homeowner gimic. Not to mention there's no way it could out manuver a skidsteer.

Maybe of you are retired and have all the time in the world. That is very slow and inefficient, not to mention the wear and tear on the "lawn" tractor.

WAY more expensive than a better quality standalone splitter. You could probably get a Timberwolf and conveyor for less than the combined cost of lawn tractor, front end loader package, and splitter package... and be able to process / load MUCH faster!

If a machine of that type was going to exist, I would rather see that splitter mounted on an excavator (probably one of those mini Kubota ones). That would allow the operator to more quickly pick from a pile and split, then drop the split stuff (onto a dump trailer) by merely spinning the cab.

Of course, that cost money as well and right now I can't even afford a cup of coffee, but that's besides the point, right? :D

That thing is a JOKE :ices_rofl: all it is is a copy of a skid steer splitter with a auxiliary hydro pack. That thing is a major liability to anyone who buys it I mean count number of potential safety issues 1. Lifting capacity of the tractor 99.99 percent of people will try to pick up a log that is over it's rated capacity. 2. Exposed hydraulic lines with no cover on the cylinder. 3. The company has the expectation that any one can hook up hydraulic lines correctly (most users would lend the unit out to some one uneducated with its setup) 4. High likely hood a child will try to use it or be allowed to use it resulting in property damage or personal injury. 5. There are no legs to support the hydraulic tank if it is set down. 6. No visible return or suction line filter 7. If a ASM tries to do what they depict in there ad he will most likely miss or have the log go through the rear window. 8. That unit can not have a very large cylinder which means theres a good chance of it getting stuck in a large log (then what do you do?).

Needs a real tractor

Why would they demo that thing with such a small tractor ??. If they used a real tractor ( 30HP+) without the mower deck and secured the hoses properly, it woud have been much more convicing. BTW - I cut a lot of wood and can't seem to recall the last time I chased a piece of firewood down a hill like the guy does in that video - very cheezy.

the CL add said he would higher out for the same price as renting a log splitter for a day...wonder how much he can actualy get done. Home Depot is 105/day and the tool rental place is 62/day...

With all the manuevering time, there is no way he can split and haul as much in a day as we can with our horizontal splitter. We make every motion count.

Back