the man caves (or sheds)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha...When I was in High School my bedroom was in the basment and it had a walk out sliding door, I used to rebuild motorcycles down there, I'd have them hanging from the ceiling while I was rebuilding the forks...LOL toolbox was right next to my bed:) Thats brings back some great memories:clap:

Frank,

You must have had a HUGE bedroom to house all the tools required to work on Beezers and Triumphs.

ole joat

See what I mean guys....Chainsaws and RC go hand in hand! Looks like a lot of you have the same hobby/passions as I have....I have never ventured into taking vids from my planes or heli's. But I think it is way cool. As for belonging to RC forums, I think I've found them all! RCG, FlyingGiants, RcUniverse, Helifreaks, RunRyder, you name it, you can find traces of me all over!

I'm sure some/most of you have some sort of technical background. Seems as though this is the norm. I was a machinist for 27 yrs, and have moved up the scale a bit to a Process Engineer. I love hybernating to the garage to tinker with things. Its my outlet.....What do some of you guys do for a living?

BTW...Thanks for the nice comments!

Hey I'm an auto mechanic, and yes it's a fairly techanical job these days. I spent most of my time on runryder. I've been into RC off an on since I was 12.

I would say an Auto mechanic is a very technical job. Shoot, there are people out there that can't even air up their tires! You don't see too many of those people into RC or Chainsaws! :chainsaw:

I would say an Auto mechanic is a very technical job. Shoot, there are people out there that can't even air up their tires! You don't see too many of those people into RC or Chainsaws! :chainsaw:

Ya for sure. Some cars can set the check engine light for having a brake light bulb out. People crap themselves whe I tell em it'll cost ya $70 to change a bulb, $65 to scan the computer $1.50 bulb and a few bucks to put the bulb in. It's crazy.

Frank,

You must have had a HUGE bedroom to house all the tools required to work on Beezers and Triumphs.

ole joat

The whole downstairs of the house!!! the one half had my bedroom and TV and such and the other had a Shop Smith some tool boxes and shelves...

What you mean all those tools for BSA's and Trumpets, all you need is a small collection of Whitworth wrenches a oil drip pan(neccesity) a test meter for the Lucas Prince of Darkness electrical system and a small collection of oil sealents:) Can't beat the British!!!

I have pretty much the same setup as 7 oaks.
My workshop is in my garage : the left side is for my wife's car, the right one is my workshop ; I seldom put the car in it.

workshop.jpg

Nice shop,Belgian......looks stout...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rrBx6mAWYPU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rrBx6mAWYPU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well, i thought i'd throw a couple pictures in this thread too. My shop is 60'x46' and i have a seperate 200 amp service to it, here is the south faceing end,

orig.jpg

And this is the north faceing end,

orig.jpg

I'm set up to do all the metal and woodworking i'd ever want to do, and the second story room, is where i can take breaks... lol It has a big deck, (not pictured) outdoor kitchen, and when finished, it will have living quarters in it too...

Rob

lol I am getting a nice storage shed free to haul and a lean to for the splitter:clap: also may get a barn :monkey: Won't be all fancy pants like some here but its free lol

Here is my little fishing cabin which I built myself with only hand tools (no power). It's not much but I enjoyed building it and I enjoy using it.

Back