The mill is cooling off...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
quickly...it's bloody cold..wind right out of the northeast...funny how you don't
notice until you stop sawing...

I cut another pecan up live edged...nice spalt in in it but not much heart...just a little 10 inch stick for bookshelf sides...

did some 14 ft 1x?? for some shoe molding that She Who Must Be Obeyed
needs....sure beats paying 52 cents a foot...god I'm spoilt...

I was nursing the first blade along to see how far it would go and how it acts when it gets jacked....got a really neat tapered board out of the last log I cut...:rolleyes: THAT one will get cut short before it hits the planer...not a good way to cut wedges I'm guessing..

ohh yesss..pics are in a thred down the page...

Don’t worry after a few broken blades, a few monthly payments on the mill and a couple boxes blades --- the boards will not feel so cheap and the logs will become more selective.

Don’t worry after a few broken blades, a few monthly payments on the mill and a couple boxes blades --- the boards will not feel so cheap and the logs will become more selective.

We looked at that prior to pulling the trigger on this one...once I cut the logs i have on hand now, for their various purposes, the mill is pretty much justified..between residing the outbuildings and cutting lumber for mama's floors we're all square...bloody flooring is expensive...

I >might< have a line on a 44" DBH Oak..gotta catch the guy..that'd be pretty if quartersawn...it's got some torsion though...

We looked at that prior to pulling the trigger on this one...once I cut the logs i have on hand now, for their various purposes, the mill is pretty much justified..between residing the outbuildings and cutting lumber for mama's floors we're all square...bloody flooring is expensive...

Heard that. I'm cutting pine for ceilings, walls and floors.

Ar 29.00 each, I could well have bought the posts but the planking is big bucks!:cheers:

Back