The Newbs version of "Whadja do today?"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel Sick:sick: I just Turned Down my first job ever !

Next time, use that to put urself in the good graces of a big show, turn them onto the work and ask to help or watch, they will remember tha smart one who knew when he was in over the head, that way, when you are in a "oh shat" sit, u have someone to call for help.

Eyeballed a new rigging line, so tempting... Anyone have experience with the Allgear Husky ropes?

Thats some legit elevation in that tree.

On another note, I ordered the 5/8 husky line. I'll get back on the performance.

These 2 will be firewood before lunch
c6e4d99e-50dd-66e0.jpg

Actually got put off till tomorrow. It was 98 degrees and windy as a mofo. I'll clean em up as I climb, rig out the tops to avoid the lamp and the house (just out of view to the left) then dump the 30' trunks. with me and one set of extra hands well have it done in a few hours. I'm going to get an early start to beat the heat.

Looks like a enjoyable job. Perfect weather here, 75-80 until thurs fri back up to 90-95. Yesterday was scary windy. Friggin ash branches everywhere. HATE EM!

Done by lunch today. It was actually a little tougher than I thought. The trees are a narrow leaf cottonwood and were half dead. I had to climb very meticulously because the bark would peel off. I ended up doing a cut'n chuck. The trees were too sketchy to risk rigging and things are so dry around here that with our clay soil the lawn may as well have been concrete. I bombed 4' x10" pieces from 30' up and they didn't even dent the lawn. A cool 5 hundo in 4 hours. Sorry no pics or video. I don't have a chipper and my dump trailer is out of commission so I hired by buddies yard/landscape guys to come do the clean up. I just put it all in the ground and bucked the trunks. I hate clean up anyway. Maybe I'll employ them to do all my clean up :). The home owner is a long time friend of mine and she will be pleased as punch to come home to no trees and a perfectly raked lawn. Good day indeed.

Last edited:
On a side note, my ms460 just gets better all the time. After the muff mod it's a nasty mer fuggah. It feels like its broken in and really hitting its stride. Still love bucking with my cs600p though, gosh I love that saw. I love all saws, just some more than others:)

Filed a full comp chain from round to square. The right side looks better. I need to work on my ambidexterity.

I also spent most of the day training with our local medevac heli service. They operate the only civilian hoist-rescue in the country. They train every couple months and since I'm affiliated with several agencies that work closely with them, I try to get out and train as often as I can. We practiced hoist rescues and long lines in seats, nets, rescue litters, dual Janes and so on. So I spent most of my day dangling below a helicopter over the beautiful mountains of the Wasatch. Can't complain. Pics to follow.

Last edited:
Back