The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we do have glass worm they make little holes in the wood like ya shot the board wit bird shot

We got something similar and it a real PIA ........I hate falling snags and half eat sticks ......I canna run that fast anymore lol

I used a bass wood to soften the fall of one of those red oaks. It bent the bass wood right over. It was creaking and cracking bad. I was scared to buck the red up for a little while as I didnt know what that bass wood was going to do ...

Why does everybody want to hurt my feelings:cry:

Not saying I do it right, but I like a "pie" that's hard to lift. "Steep and deep", I'm like a Paralympic version of RandyMac.

BTW, TC, I am enjoying u'r thread, and I bet TB (hopefully he's 390ing safely in SE Alaska) will be relieved me and my nonsense are not cluttering the falling pics thread. What this thread needs is "more cowbell", I mean vids.

BTWBTW TC, speaking of ink blots "kerf Dutchman" was probably a Freudian slip!

Also TC, while I am terrified of Bob, he seems like a good guy, but you should still be scared

I know what ya mean. got the crap knocked outa me last year cuz I can't run fast as I thought

Imo falling snags is the most dangerous part of falling and no matter how ya plan it ya gotta stay switched on 100% of the time

Why does everybody want to hurt my feelings:cry:

Not saying I do it right, but I like a "pie" that's hard to lift. "Steep and deep", I'm like a Paralympic version of RandyMac.

BTW, TC, I am enjoying u'r thread, and I bet TB (hopefully he's 390ing safely in SE Alaska) will be relieved me and my nonsense are not cluttering the falling pics thread. What this thread needs is "more cowbell", I mean vids.

BTWBTW TC, speaking of ink blots "kerf Dutchman" was probably a Freudian slip!

Also TC, while I am terrified of Bob, he seems like a good guy, but you should still be scared

Husk jump in your views are worthwile and you got a good sense of humor so go for it bro

Oh great what is this new bug?

This little jewel has the potential to kill off the red oak..combined with drought, it is devastating. Probably 20% or better in some areas is affected by the oak bore. Kills the tree from the top down. You talkin' about shaking some tops loose! Those dry sticks fly everywhere!

i was operating my old Asplundh JEY whisper chipper when it went BANG! Guessing something slipped because all 4 of the 16"blades were broken and the cutter bar is mangled. I could use some help with the height and adjustment specs for the blades and the bar. any takers on this one ? Any help would be appreciated.

Try the equipment forum

http://www.arboristsite.com/large-equipment/

Last edited by a moderator:
Much respect for you boys working u'r asses off to give u'r kids a better life. Raising my kids right (hopefully) is the hardest and most important job I do. But it does require a bit of beer

Latest posts

Back