The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I used to run big chippers.. people would be taking pictures and video, and of course when I was first around those chippers I did the same. After running one for the first month it lost its oooo and ahhhh and it was just another day. The on lookers became more annoying as they became more daring. The point is .. what is amazing to some of us, is just run of the mill to others.

Some days I miss running those big chippers most days I dont.. But for a gear head .. 1000hp of screaming CAT V12 is awesome anytime ...

It's odd how things work... I mention big chippers and my old boss calls me.. I swear he has radar on me. So I asked him if had any video of the chippers we used to run and he said yes, so he is going to email me some vid to post up of the morbark model 30's I used to run. He has been running one in Alabama for a while now that used to be up here in NY. That one is a monster I was fortunate enough to have a small hand in design of that one at least from an operator's stand point. It makes a 3" x 3" x 1" chip. feeding at a rate of 190FPM and 400+ tons per hour up to 30" diameter wood.

Is that some sort of metal facia board Roberte? Full basement? poured walls? 8" or 10" walls ? A lot of new homes in my area are going on precast walls now. Already insulated, have knock outs for wiring and casted with metal studs to hang drywall. Superior Walls - Simply Superior Nice work Roberte!

Comp roofing

No basement, conventional crawl space.

Wood fascias.

I had pre fab walls, as a part of business, build off site per plan, get stood up , oh you want to change something, sign here. It cuts down on a lot of clients "I've got an idea"

I am stuck to the couch...it's 95* out...ugh...LOL! Neil Young is singing on TV...That's enough to get me up and outside! :msp_scared: my ears!!!!

I pretty much have a decent time running anything with a 2-stroke. After weed eating for 4 hrs in 98 degree texas humidity, I may have changed my mind. Still, it's a nice trimmer. With the sears one I'd probably still be finishing up:laugh:

Latest posts

Back