The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was something Odd about the Sacks choke and impulse line... if it was started some time that week it would start fine, any longer than that and you had to manually prime it... the one my pa has wears a 32" sandvick bar and pulls it with some authority... I've only had my paws on one newer sacks and I have to admit it was a little smaller. I've only seen the dolkitas never get the chance to play with one.

There was something Odd about the Sacks choke and impulse line... if it was started some time that week it would start fine, any longer than that and you had to manually prime it... the one my pa has wears a 32" sandvick bar and pulls it with some authority... I've only had my paws on one newer sacks and I have to admit it was a little smaller. I've only seen the dolkitas never get the chance to play with one.

Husky J/red and stihl kinda elbowed them out

Good evening there Jolly. That's some pretty good coin there also! I'd like to land one of those about once a 1/4. :msp_biggrin:

We're rockin, but tomorrow and saturday is getting the rest of the spongy tiles out. They each way about 25#, 2*2 tiles, and we can only take about 1000 sq ft per load. 7000 sq ft to go... But it has been kinda fun to do something different. Course half of it is going straight to treestuff, I have a lot of gear that is pushing it's replacement cycle.

I'm headed to bed now myself. You guys don't stir up too much trouble over in the chainsaw forum.:rolleyes:

Sorry for the delay men, I have a 576 and 395. I'll probably bring both but plan to just use the 576. Boss said the timber isn't too awful big.

Sorry for the delay men, I have a 576 and 395. I'll probably bring both but plan to just use the 576. Boss said the timber isn't too awful big.

cool and you'll pack the 76 easier lol ........juss get things straight and find out how much he wants layed out in a day ......where your lay is etc .......boundaries and the usual rest lol

My saw shop was nice enough to loan me a saw when I needed one for a day while waiting for my new 390. They gave me an Echo CS-8000- the 80cc model. I cut like 14 cords of pulp with it the next day which finished that job up. It wasn't too bad, just choked up. I bet I could get er to run decent, but its definitely no bushelin saw. Just doesn't have the features of one. The chain break was SUPER touchy. On small timber I rarely take the saw off of wot between all three falling cuts and when I would move the saw quick to put in the diagonal face cut it would activate the chain brake every time. Other than that its kind of clunky, but I was happy as hell to have a saw to run for the day. I needed out of that job bad. Lots of bad juju in that place. It took down three saws and had the skidder down 3 times.

Echo hasn't made anything over 80cc since the mid 80s, when they introduced the CS8000. They still make the CS8000. They make good saws and have for a long time but they don't make pro saws. I like Echo, I sell Echo, and I have a CS8000. Their small and midsize saws are good but if you need something bigger than 60ccs for more than firewood or dinking around I have to say look elsewhere.

bitzer, I hope you never find another tract with bad juju... That's a little creepy

My thoughts exactly. I don't imagine he expects too awful much from me right off the bat. He seems eager to teach and I'm eager to learn and prove myself.

Good for you :msp_thumbup:

Don't forget to lock your gear and stay hydrated.

Evening Men! Almost finished with the 300 acre tract...damn I want out of there. I had the boss to run the Hydro Ax through the pine poles for a while today to hurry the process up. I can put them in a good lay but obviously can't bunch them. The quicker we can get moved on down the road the better.

I ran the 660 to limb and top all the poles and sawlogs today. Running a 660 and chasing a Hydro Ax will put ya through yer paces for sure! The saw is running MUCH better with the de-comp gone. Had I of known how much air flow you get on yer left hand and arm by removing the decomp and that rubber gromet...I'd of yanked every decomp out of every saw I have ever run. There is so much air blowing out it's like a fan on yer arm.

I about screwed up...cutting a top out the chain got pinched and was holding on by 1 tooth, so I flipped the saw over backwards, well it came out to quick and cut the piss out of my arm. My boss saw me all covered in blood down my left side...he was like what the Hell happened? Aw it's just a scratch...could have used a stitch er two I guess...meh, don't fret the small stuff.

Hope you fellas had a productive day.

Evening Men! Almost finished with the 300 acre tract...damn I want out of there. I had the boss to run the Hydro Ax through the pine poles for a while today to hurry the process up. I can put them in a good lay but obviously can't bunch them. The quicker we can get moved on down the road the better.

I ran the 660 to limb and top all the poles and sawlogs today. Running a 660 and chasing a Hydro Ax will put ya through yer paces for sure! The saw is running MUCH better with the de-comp gone. Had I of known how much air flow you get on yer left hand and arm by removing the decomp and that rubber gromet...I'd of yanked every decomp out of every saw I have ever run. There is so much air blowing out it's like a fan on yer arm.

I about screwed up...cutting a top out the chain got pinched and was holding on by 1 tooth, so I flipped the saw over backwards, well it came out to quick and cut the piss out of my arm. My boss saw me all covered in blood down my left side...he was like what the Hell happened? Aw it's just a scratch...could have used a stitch er two I guess...meh, don't fret the small stuff.

Hope you fellas had a productive day.

duct tape stiches

maybe a shot of shine later :cool2:

Sounds like fun Clint! Hope yall finish up soon... Plan on working this weekend? (Probably so if history repeats itself, which it does)

Hey Rob, wasn't that you that said one of yer saws was weeping from the de-comp button? Dude block that #### off...yer loosing compression. :msp_thumbup:

Rob I think I will sip on some shine tonight...mix up a little toddie to knock this little bit of a cold away. If 140 won't kick it...nothing will. :blob2:

Back