the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider it done bud. Would ashe be hard enough? If so, it's pretty consistent too if you find the right stick. If not, I think I can get a good peice of Oak or Hickory thats pretty knot free. As long as you can unload it when I get there, I'll get it loaded.

I'll try to get it ready ASAP so it can be drying out. :D

you will be just fine Will, its still a 2 stroke and i know theres plenty of numbers floating around for a 460 or you can pm me and ill tell you what i use and take it from there with your own spin on it

Good to see you're going to join in Will.

Ya thanks! That is if someone is willing to send me a 046/460 to do for them, unless I find one on the cheap, which is not likely. I sold my 046 almost a year ago now.

You can't do that!!!
Those chain marks might give someone an unfair advantage, you should use ROPE to load and unload!:laugh:

Mike

Ha ha. I'll make a point to use a bull rope. :D No need in giving the titty babies anymore excuses to whine.

It's just like what my dad told me today while I was cursing the rock that I hit when I broke the front two wheels off my hay rake. " Hey, you hit the rock and broke the rake, no use in complaining now. Go finish the field with 8 wheels" :D

It's just like what my dad told me today while I was cursing the rock that I hit when I broke the front two wheels off my hay rake. " Hey, you hit the rock and broke the rake, no use in complaining now. Go finish the field with 8 wheels" :D
After a encounter with a truck and a house... My grandpa explained the "dont cry over spilt milk" to me. Something his mom told him after he broke/flipped the new Allis Chalmers they had recently gotten for the farm.

I would use rigging slings as to provide a squared lifting point. :) less chance of a excuse. Also padded cant stands as not to damage them. Hope to make it to this build off!

lets limit this to one saw per builder this time.that way you gots one shot to show what you got. lol

This would also limit the temptation for someone to build two saws with significant differences; there were a couple of disparities in the 372 build-off.

There is no way I'd test my extremely limited (nonexsitent?) grinding skills on a saw as valuable as a 460.

I believe that bad 024 was at the WK gtg. I thought it ran as good as a 460.

I'm hoping it will run with a stock 066 this go round. :D

It's raining to beat hell here today so I figure on working in the shop. I'll see about making 200psi from the old girl. :hmm3grin2orange:

I"m tickled that a 046/ms460 is the build off saw this time. The "024" 460 is my favorite saw. I've got saws from 99cc down but that's the one I grab for every job it seems.

I think it's basically the same rules this time with the 1 saw per builder allowed. Spark screen and working choke and all that. It's going to be tested using a 28" bar this time.

mikes right, the rules are pretty much the same as before. if i need to change them up later i will. we will be cutting with 28'' bars this go round. i want every one to bring there own bar this time. there will be no bar swapping. just put the new chain on and go. when i figure out how many will be in the build i will divide the fuel,oil,wood,chain cost equally amongst the builders.

Are the rules going to specify a stock 460 top end to start with or is 064 jugs/BB jugs going to be allowed? Imho you limit the displacement like on the 372 build off.

stock bore size.
oem or aftermarket doesnt matter.
just needs to be 76.5cc.
must use true to the 046 /ms460 carb.
must have functional choke and oem style filter.
factory exhuast opening can be enlarged but no more than 1 additional opening (no greater than 1 in )
chainbrake must work
prescence lever must work
saw must pass forestry inpection.(screen must be in exhaust)
you will be subject at my discretion to having muffler pulled for bore size inspection. you cheat your out forever

I literally just got back from getting my 2171 from RiverRat2; it'll probably be tomorrow before I can fire it up.

Terry, thanks for painting the bar. It wasn't necessary, I was expecting to get it back looking used, the Husky/Oregon bars lose paint pretty quick.

Latest posts

Back