The Official "Buckin'" Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is nothing to what you guys do, But a 20 inch red oak i'm working on. Will be finished bucking it tommorrow.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was picturing a table or benches---If I had the money I would get or make a mill to do it but still nice fire wood you're pretty lucky with those logs (good size)

bucking firewood dont pay the bills for me. logs,logs and more logs.then maybe some pulp wood here and there.

Ive been thinking of making or buying a portable one that attaches to the bar---With all the flood cleanup from the river I have lots of big gorgeous logs---They'Ve bean in the water for ???how long and most are so stained I cant tell what kind they are but I no theirs different kinds---I still have tuns more to draig out---Some are stuck in the silt 10-20ft below the water---That makes for pretty big and heavy logs

Cody, you are so graciuos, lol. Put up a picture of a power buck. I can see what might have happened. Tall wood uphill. Nothing you could have done about it most likely, unless I can't see a stump LOL.

Just ribbin' ya. Lucky Cutter has a power buck on his personal AS page. I gave him flack over it. It's a sign you guys are good fallers. No fake stuff :cheers:

Yeah, unfortunately it was just some gnarly ground and you were bound to get some breakage...actually saved out better than I thought it would as I had to throw it across a couple of v notches. Good thing it was a sitka spruce and not a redwood!

I was wondering if anybody had a video of the wheeling technique. Or any other bucking technique. I would like to be able to see what is being described, so it makes a little more sense to me.

looks like a good saw log being cut up for firewood...shame on you
I saw far too many nice large Oaks bucked up into manageable pieces for the cleanup crews to load after the two hurricanes that blew through here on '05(Rita) and '08(Ike). It was sickening seeing all of the 30"+ oaks chopped into 18-24" chunks for those cleanup guys to take to the chipper. That's worse than firewood, IMO. Those trees would have made some beautiful lumber, but were simply chipped into mulch/chips for only God knows what purpose.
JL

Latest posts

Back