The Official "Noodles" Pic and Vid Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To day was a beautiful day to do some noodling, these pieces were set aside due to them having twisty grain and burls that would make them unsuitable for regular splitting. Tried out 3 saws I just recently got up and running properly.
Just getting started.

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201284.jpg

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201286.jpg

2010%20Trip%20to%20Alaska%201289.jpg

Pioneerguy600

Thanks Gypo, think the bars and chains last a little longer when bar oil is used, some don`t believe in it but I do.
Pioneerguy600
Lol. I once new a guy who wouldn't use bar lube, he was way better with a hand held circle saw though.
Pioneer guy, is there enough trees out there to keep those saws satiated? I thought you guys raped and pilaged a long time ago.
Gypo

Stupid question from the uneducated guy. Is there a trick to get a saw to throw long shavings like that? Ive cut with the grain before and still just get chips.

You will only get fine dust like that, Lay it on it's side and discover what fun can be.

Im going to.... as soon as it quits rainin. I ve had a new 372xp since thursday and not even ran a tank through it,and its still rainin:( Thanks and keep the pics comin

Im going to.... as soon as it quits rainin. I ve had a new 372xp since thursday and not even ran a tank through it,and its still rainin:( Thanks and keep the pics comin
The 372 is a fine noodle saw, With a sharp chain, you can almost noodle a log as fast as you can split it with a maul. On large rounds i can noodle em faster with less effort and a whole lot more fun.

Lol. I once new a guy who wouldn't use bar lube, he was way better with a hand held circle saw though.
Pioneer guy, is there enough trees out there to keep those saws satiated? I thought you guys raped and pilaged a long time ago.
Gypo

You know it is strange how these trees keep growing back, a lot of this Province has been over harvested or clearcut but there is still some trees left here and there. I have a few acres of treed land that has never been clear cut or more than select cut over the years, my great uncle was the last guy to cut a tree on it back in 1945-47, the remaining trees are getting to a goodly size now. I just cruised a 5000 acre lot that has also never been cut, some nice stuff there also.
Pioneerguy600

Last edited:
You know it is strange how these trees keep growing back, a lot of this Province has been over harvested or clearcut but there is still some trees left here and there. I have a few acres of treed land that has never been clear cut or more than select cut over the years, my great uncle was the last guy to cut a tree on it back in 1945-47, the remaining trees are getting to a goodly size now. I just cruised a 5000 acre lot that has also never been cut, some nice stuff there alsoi.
Pioneerguy600

Those are the kinda bushes to find. I made a good living buying timber just 60 miles north of Toronto on the escarpment. It was growing faster than I could cut it down, but it was also falling down dead faster than I could cut it. I'm sure N.S. is better off than the Toronto suberbs, but the stuff is growing as we are speaking.
Gypo

Back