The saw I just bought deal or no deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one heck of a lot of 020t/200t's out here... and few dealers that really fix them well. Even my boss used to groan every time we got one in, but they are just like any other saw (in an inconvenient package for servicing:mad: ); once you spent a bunch of time with them and know their problems, they are easy.. One tree service brings all 7 in when they go on vacation in July - "just fix them", and we do. Rarely see them until the next year.

I know of two guys that use the 192T as a "replacement" for the 200t. They won't last like a 200...particularly when the get used for blocking (damn it, just send up the 044!)

Help mme out here... If I'm to keep posting I won't have time to count a million nickles.. so just sned me the total by check, and you can keep the coin...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Naww...Just get em to put it on a paypal account!

You can then buy your lear jet at the end of the month and spend your weekends jetting around the country drinking beer and fixing AS members saws!!!

I agree with the comments as I always find your posts very educational!
You are a great asset to this site!

Just got the saw today

it rough but it seems to run good but the chain creeps a little what does that mean needs new clutch . Man was that air filter plugged , all and all seems to have good compression and seems to be in ok shape .

He might know a little bit about saws... but not much...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Gary

True dat......

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:monkey:

I'd give ya neggy rep, but you're too purty.....:cheers: :givebeer:

it rough but it seems to run good but the chain creeps a little what does that mean needs new clutch . Man was that air filter plugged , all and all seems to have good compression and seems to be in ok shape .

You typically just need to replace the three clutch springs - about $2 each

I doubt it....more likely it needs a good carb adjustment, and maybe overhaul of same.

It would be a good idea to find someone to give it a once over, if they know what they're doing. If you can't find anyone locally, send it to the man who will soon be needing a larger coin jar, and he'll take care of ya...and then some....:chainsaw:

Hey thanks lakeside how hard is that to do ,do I need a certain tool to do that ???

You typically just need to replace the three clutch springs - about $2 each
I guess those small springs can lose some of their holding power, eh? I'm not sure I've had that problem, but then I haven't run 020's as much as 335's lately, which have beefier springs. I recall the first generation 020 springs used to break quite often.

I had one of those oddball springs on the Husky 346 break recently. It was a bit of a pain figuring out how to get the new one in.

They wear on the sides (and therefore get weaker) from guys slaming on the brake all the time to stop the chain... Rarely break unless they've realy been abused long after they should have been replaced. They can also get weaker if the clutch has been seriously overheated (the drum will be "blue"), but usually not on a 200T.

Hey thanks lakeside how hard is that to do ,do I need a certain tool to do that ???

Dead easy.. Just stop the piston (pope or Stihl 200T piston stop), then a small hook (there is also a neat little Stihl tool thats quite cheap) pops them off. Maybe 5 minutes..

thanks lakeside I will kept you filled in on how it goes .

And don't forget to send him the nickles. He'll run a tab I'm sure!

Lake I tried to rep you know the drill. Here's a beer instead.

attachment.php

Well I really took some time today to get to know my new saw . Cleaned it sharpened chain ,and made I about 20 cuts . Now this time the chain didnt creep at all maybe it just needed ran for long than a minute . I will keep a eye on those clutch spring though .Then I went and bought a air filter ,and a 14inch bar and chain . I think if I had ran my 192t with 12inch bar VS 200t 16inch the 200t would smoke it . I am pretty happy with my purchase .

Back