The SSA Goes to Dr. Shigo and the Northeast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nickrosis

Nickrosis

Manned by Boderators
<font size="2" color="800000" face="arial">The Student Society of Arboriculture of the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point</font>

We are going to visit Dr. Shigo over our Spring Break and would like to know if you can help us! At our website, we have a tentative schedule of the places we are traveling to, but I know many of you could offer us suggestions on where to stay and visit.

Few of us have spent much time in the New York/Maine area, but we are very excited to see the parks, features, and city trees. Above all, we look forward to see Dr. Shigo. Many thanks to Tim Walsh and our sponsors for helping coordinate and support this trip.

Check out www.uwsp.edu/stuorg/ssa/shigo.htm to see what we are doing and please comment by e-mailing us or replying to this board. Your comments are valuable to us.

Nicholas "Nickrosis" Crawford
Promotions Coordinator
UWSP-SSA
www.uwsp.edu/stuorg/ssa

treeman82

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
I am not sure if you guys want to go all the way up to the Adirondacks. However about 70 miles north of NYC is a state park with lots of fishing, camping, etc. Name of the park is Fahnstock park. It's up the Taconic (exit for Rt. 301) It's a pretty big park. I would suggest while you are in the city to hit the Met. Located right by Central Park. Madison & something? Lots of really good places to eat / visit down in the city. I will be home for the vacation (working) My friend and myself are both students of Dr. Ryan's. It would take us around an hour to get into the city... Keep me posted.

Latest posts