The Stihl 362 CM is a wonderful saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardhat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score

Got a 362cm to be part of a 4 saw plan. ms 150tc, ms241cm, ms362cm, ms500i. Sold my 550xp to my dad. It was a wonderful little saw. The 362 feels like a much more substantial saw when you are muscling it around moving limbs out of the way. Longer bar means less bending over and more reach. Not broke in yet and it cuts quite fast. I opened the muffler up on it a bit. Balances great with the 20 inch light bar and pulls that bar quite well. I'm a happy camper for now. Itching to go pick up my 241cm that is sitting at a dealer in florida. It was the only one I could find and they let me pay for it over the phone. Going down Mardi Gras weekend to visit Busch Gardens in Tampa and pick saw up on way back.

Anyways, if anyone is on the fence about the 362cm, I like it. Considered the 562xp but my dealer support is better for stihl where I am.

Happy cutting.....

If you ever planned a vacation around a saw purchase, you might have CAD.........

I have thought about upgrading the 394. I bought that thing used 20 years ago (can't believe it has been that long) for $500 off ebay. Had a stripped out crankcase bolt on the oil tank that the seller did not tell me about. So it slowly leaked oil, but no air leak. I "repaired" the bolt by putting a lag bolt in there (what can I say, I was young and dumb). Anyhow that actually worked and it stopped the oil leak. Old saw runs fine. I've used the saw intermittently for milling the occasional log or cutting up the occasional really big tree. Would have to find me another big saw for milling though.......

Also thought about getting another crankcase for the 394 and fixing it right, but have had other fish to fry......

I like my 362 CM. My original 4 saw plan was 241 CM (amazing saw), 362 CM, 462 CM, 661 CM. Most bases covered there as I dont climb. I liked that lineup. I added an 036 PRO and I will get an 881 for milling once it's released. If it's never released, i'll get an 880 and port it. I will likely end up with a 500i someday but the 462 is lighter and the 661 is stronger. The 500i is a great saw but redundant if you have those 2.

The only problem mine has is I don't get to use it as enough as I'd like.

I don't know if EPA-compliant models are as loud as our Euro models, but the OE muffler on mine is just two empty shells bolted together, nothing inside. Very very loud as standard, that's how I found out my earmuffs needed replacing. ;)

The only problem mine has is I don't get to use it as enough as I'd like.

I don't know if EPA-compliant models are as loud as our Euro models, but the OE muffler on mine is just two empty shells bolted together, nothing inside. Very very loud as standard, that's how I found out my earmuffs needed replacing. ;)
The mufflers over here are just a wee tiny bit quieter...
20190503_073946.jpg

What ever happened to that guy with a new 362 that would bog in the cut and the compression was low (although the method of measurement was debatable)? I'd be curious if that was ever resolved since the dealers said it was fine...he had installed a built in tach on the top cover.

What ever happened to that guy with a new 362 that would bog in the cut and the compression was low (although the method of measurement was debatable)? I'd be curious if that was ever resolved since the dealers said it was fine...he had installed a built in tach on the top cover.
@pioneerguy600 ??? I think LOTS of people want to know the answer to this. So far it's just been cryptic non-answers.

Back