The Unofficial Chainsaw Weight Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 036 12lbs 14.2oz - this is a very clean saw

I have assumed the 034 and 036 were very close in weight. The 034 I had (I believe it's at the beginning of this thread) weighed a about 12.25lbs. I know the cases were different even though the P/C's swap with only minor mods.

104.jpg

261-very clean

attachment.php
Neal, can you fix the image in this post - there is no image of a 261 weight anywhere else posted in the world seemingly.

Neal, can you fix the image in this post - there is no image of a 261 weight anywhere else posted in the world seemingly.

Wes, I changed the HD on my computer several months ago and had to copy the folders to CD's (all I had at the time). It will have to dig them out of the safe and move them to the new HD- will take some time. I also need to find the 362 weight as it seems to have been heavier than what some seem to claim.

I think you may be right about the 362. I had one PHO side by side with my MS361 with full wrap, and the 362 didn't feel any lighter at all. In fact, I think it felt about the same, or heavier.

Mark, That's interesting I'm going to check my scales, they're cheap ones from ebay , most likely not very accurate.

Like I said, all I know is mine is 2 oz shy of what my Post Office scales say. I ship a lot and everytime I use that scale I add 2 oz to it and its always dead nuts with the scale at the PO when I drop a package there.

Was suggested I add these picks and weights to the chainsaw weight thread .

First picture of a Tanaka 3351B Pro Force Brand new : dry power head only no bar and chain .

I got 8.09 Lbs.

CAM00369_zps76f496ee.jpg

The second picture is of it wet ( full of fuel and oil ) with the included 14" bar and chain .

I got 10.17 Lbs.

CAM00370_zps57c0cfae.jpg

Back