The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick, somebody call the waaambulance!

Maybe we should all meet for lunch. I'll buy. We're having waaamburgers and french cries. :D

I have an invitation to go cut logs out of a major trail. But I'm fat and it is a long walk in and an overnighter--no showers on the trail. It is in October. I'm also supposed to go kayak that weekend, and there is a forestry seminar but it is all about taxes and such and I don't have enough acreage to worry about that.

Whine whine...what shall I do???? :msp_ohmy:

I have an invitation to go cut logs out of a major trail. But I'm fat and it is a long walk in and an overnighter--no showers on the trail. It is in October. I'm also supposed to go kayak that weekend, and there is a forestry seminar but it is all about taxes and such and I don't have enough acreage to worry about that.

Whine whine...what shall I do???? :msp_ohmy:

Make huckleberry pie?

got to the jobsite this morning, landowner came out and said he talked to some guys at the bar ast night and they said he should be getting double the money for his trees. responce, "not trying to sound like a richard cranium here buddy, but why are they not out here paying you and doing the work then? after all i was the highest of 5 quotes ya know." he then tells me he wants the trees on his 2track cut first, so i get on it and after i have about six trees down and across the lane he decides he wants to leave and is blocked in. its sat. so im the only guy out there and have to make the mile walk to get the skidder to clear him out. half way there it starts down pouring and the rain gear is at the shop. to top off a great day i snapped the main cable on the skidder being lazy and trying to snatch out a snagged black oak. been home since 5 and had a beer in my hand ever since....

A nice cliff face block for Friday. Lots of bees. 400 year old, rock hard, East of the continental divide fir. Hotter than hell. Windy as ####. 4 ####in' hour drive home. Back again Monday. ####......WHINE!

-Plenty of beer in the fridge though........:cheers:........Liquid massage.

Hope you all had a good week, and enjoy your weekend - Sam

A nice cliff face block for Friday. Lots of bees. 400 year old, rock hard, East of the continental divide fir. Hotter than hell. Windy as ####. 4 ####in' hour drive home. Back again Monday. ####......WHINE!

-Plenty of beer in the fridge though........:cheers:........Liquid massage.

Hope you all had a good week, and enjoy your weekend - Sam

SAMMY!
you're back for the weekend, awright

sounds like need more than beer man, perhaps some JD or sailor jerry, and driving into zoola and poaching some hot tubs :rock:

SAMMY!
you're back for the weekend, awright

sounds like need more than beer man, perhaps some JD or sailor jerry, and driving into zoola and poaching some hot tubs :rock:

Lol, I still got a little Tennesee moonshine somewhere......if Cody didn't sneak it all last time he was around. Heading to the saw shop tomorrow, see if they got a molly in for ya. I still had to hike to the pack and grab the axe a couple times this week though - whine - Sam

Lol, I still got a little Tennesee moonshine somewhere......if Cody didn't sneak it all last time he was around. Heading to the saw shop tomorrow, see if they got a molly in for ya. I still had to hike to the pack and grab the axe a couple times this week though - whine - Sam

That Shine'll get the colonel's troops outta the hot sun

I tried to make it at home one time myself, got my homemade tiny still (not to be confused with stihl) set up, got the corn mash, yeast, everything. After it fermented I turned up the heat, oblivious to the fact that it needs to be an exact heat to boil off just the alcohol. Apparently I went waaaay wrong somewhere, because after it had dripped off about a double shots worth I snagged it up and took it down in one slug ( i remember that it didn't taste like booze at all). I woke up 4 hours later on my livingroom floor with a headache so bad that I literally couldn't see straight and had pissed myself.

and that's the story of how I almost poisoned myself

That Shine'll get the colonel's troops outta the hot sun

I tried to make it at home one time myself, got my homemade tiny still (not to be confused with stihl) set up, got the corn mash, yeast, everything. After it fermented I turned up the heat, oblivious to the fact that it needs to be an exact heat to boil off just the alcohol. Apparently I went waaaay wrong somewhere, because after it had dripped off about a double shots worth I snagged it up and took it down in one slug ( i remember that it didn't taste like booze at all). I woke up 4 hours later on my livingroom floor with a headache so bad that I literally couldn't see straight and had pissed myself.

and that's the story of how I almost poisoned myself

Jake, methanol boils off in a lower temperature than ethanol, so it will come out first off the tube. Methanol is highly poisonous. Always ditch the first drops, the good stuff will follow. That's the first rule of distilling. Your dad didn't teach you to shine?

Jake, methanol boils off in a lower temperature than ethanol, so it will come out first off the tube. Methanol is highly poisonous. Always ditch the first drops, the good stuff will follow. That's the first rule of distilling. Your dad didn't teach you to shine?

ahh, that explains the passing out and whatnot, and Dad wasn't around a whole helluva lot, hell, I had to teach myself how to shave :D

Jake, you're lucky you didn't lose your eyes, kidneys, house or got snuffed in the process. But again, how would you have known?

Parental advisory: Do spend more time with your children and guide them to a proper use of the still pot (they'll try to distill moonshine in some point of their life anyway).

#### a bunch of whining, I'm tying one on.

it is ####ing raining.

1022011pm.gif

Latest posts

Back