The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a whine, last night the neighbor's ####### cat got into the barn (tracks in the fresh snow plain as day) and scared the #### out of the rabbits (they were still freaked out when I went it this morning) and one of my kits (and sure as hell it was my wife's favorite one and one I was going to keep for breeding stock) got drug out of the nest and froze to death :msp_mad:

We had 75 head when I was ten. . . Raising rabbits can be very frustrating. There's a lot of rabbit poop to clean up too. :laugh:

When you get off work, you should run your 66 handle by Rod's place, he's on Hawthorn off of Two Mile.

We had 75 head when I was ten. . . Raising rabbits can be very frustrating. There's a lot of rabbit poop to clean up too. :laugh:

When you get off work, you should run your 66 handle by Rod's place, he's on Hawthorn off of Two Mile.

I got's stuff to do right after work but prolly tomorrow

You can quit sharing anytime Randy. . . We're plenty soaked as is. ;)

I know, it's supposed to be 50 damn degrees tomorrow and throught he weekend, fat chance of that now, and I got another litter due tomorrow and now they'll prolly all freeze to death or be born out on the wire or some other unlucky assed thing

I'm gonna take the whining thread to a whole new level :biggrin:

In good news, we're headed to town to get another buck tonight so hopefully he works out, pictures look damn good and the price is right

So spotted my ex boss who still owes me money. The peice of crap ran and hid. But I still seen where he has been hiding. It's on

Yesterday the forecast said something to the effect of "traces of snow in elevations above 1000 ft." We are at 500 ft and got a reported 7 inches overnight/morning. Might be the most snow I've ever seen in the valley (granted I'm only 26). I'm not whining too much but this is typically where weather reports go :biggrin: I just used this time to work on the little diesel commuter since I wrapped up finals yesterday. Although, I was supposed to go out in the brush today.... Maybe tomorrow - Gotta try out the new Hoffman Pac Calks. I heard that they are claiming there is 6 ft of snow on the santiam pass hwy (which is now closed due to a slide).

Wow. We just got a skiff of snow overnight. Had a dry spell most of the day. I was working in the uninsulated, concrete floor shop and got cold feet so came in. It is now trying to snow here.

A wood stove is a good thing.

You can quit sharing anytime Randy. . . We're plenty soaked as is. ;)

The plow crew's show didn't go great today....no where to put the stuff. Mostly just made the road worse than it was. Find out tonight if they shut it down for a couple weeks. Chest deep in the strip today......not overly productive.

Wow. We just got a skiff of snow overnight. Had a dry spell most of the day. I was working in the uninsulated, concrete floor shop and got cold feet so came in. It is now trying to snow here.

A wood stove is a good thing.

My wife got a little carried away with our stove. . . It's 79° in here.

:sweat3:

The plow crew's show didn't go great today....no where to put the stuff. Mostly just made the road worse than it was. Find out tonight if they shut it down for a couple weeks. Chest deep in the strip today......not overly productive.

It's about damn time ya quit slogging through that junk, and take a break.

No kidding, exausting just trying to bump the pack and jugs up the damn hill!

That slogging through the snow stuff gets old fast. I never figured a snow scoop fit my hands too good. And talk about losing things. In that fresh Sierra powder I think things would sink in at an angle and disappear forever...wedges, jug caps, bar nuts, screnches...must be a fortune in that stuff up there somewhere.

Don't think about it as being out of work, think about it as an early installment on your retirement...while you're young enough to enjoy it.

So spotted my ex boss who still owes me money. The peice of crap ran and hid. But I still seen where he has been hiding. It's on

Did he lose the payroll in Vegas? I had a boss once that gambled away $47k in Vegas once over a long weekend- his entire
payroll for two weeks for two sides of logging- two rigging crews and six cutters. He had to get a loan against his house to
make payroll that Friday. There was some talk among the rigging hands of breaking his legs.

That slogging through the snow stuff gets old fast. I never figured a snow scoop fit my hands too good. And talk about losing things. In that fresh Sierra powder I think things would sink in at an angle and disappear forever...wedges, jug caps, bar nuts, screnches...must be a fortune in that stuff up there somewhere.

Don't think about it as being out of work, think about it as an early installment on your retirement...while you're young enough to enjoy it.

I'm going to enjoy it for sure...gotta get some old yellow stuff ready for Nate's charity cut. Looks like we'll finish this week and have a couple off. Greasing boots, swapping corks and making loops....Catch up time! And making lots of dinners for the wife. I owe her a few........hundred.......

Did he lose the payroll in Vegas? I had a boss once that gambled away $47k in Vegas once over a long weekend- his entire
payroll for two weeks for two sides of logging- two rigging crews and six cutters. He had to get a loan against his house to
make payroll that Friday. There was some talk among the rigging hands of breaking his legs.

He is lucky I had my kids with me. I normally keep a pretty cool head but today's events really pushed me. The other guy who quit with me his nickname is prison mike. He was very happy to know where he has been hiding since he owes him close to two grand. I imagine payment is coming soon.

JJ, can you come over for the GTG in June? Might as well kill two birds, and pick up the BIL's saw while you're here. :msp_thumbup:

JJ, can you come over for the GTG in June? Might as well kill two birds, and pick up the BIL's saw while you're here. :msp_thumbup:

If it had been in January, I'd have said yes, but not in June. By that time I'll be either getting ready for fire season or working a detail with one
of the PNW helitack crews.

Hey Nate!
A band of heavy rain is going through, it has thunder boomers embedded in it.

The water is pooling up on the roof and it is raining in a knife murderer's cell.

Back