The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had two mostly dry days, with some 60 watt sun, now this, it isn't going to end until mid June.

Overcast with rain. Low of 48F. Windy. Winds from the SSE at 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Chance of rain 100% with rainfall amounts near 0.6 in. possible.

Guess I'll just leave this here...

(don't forget to read the user comments)

The smell of fresh tree gum, the sound of heavy vehicles and hard work for real men awaits the player in the Woodcutter Simulator 2011 – Multiplayer Edition. The player is in charge of his own wood-manufacturing facility in the deep woods of Canada. To get his jobs done, the player must do the work of a real man and handle all aspects of the forest industry form cutting trees to sawing.

I could never play the game. Not a real man. The comments are dire. It took one guy an hour to cut 3 trees. Must be big ol' redwoods, eh?

My email notifications are still off, then on, then off, then on. . . With a day to 2 days lag each time. :msp_sneaky:

We had two mostly dry days, with some 60 watt sun, now this, it isn't going to end until mid June.

Overcast with rain. Low of 48F. Windy. Winds from the SSE at 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 35 mph. Chance of rain 100% with rainfall amounts near 0.6 in. possible.

And we did get some good strong wind too, back to winter:( wet wet

I've replaced top and bottom suspension ball joints, two CV joint boots (after checking, cleaning and repacking the joints with grease), re-connected the sway bar that was flopping around in the breeze (just where the link went or why I never heard or felt it part company beats me), have a sloppy tie rod end on back order and STILL there's slop in this bloody front suspension of my pickup. The darn upper suspension/control arm has worn bearings, so that'll come out tomorrow.

I knew there was a reason I try never to get under my vehicles - it always costs more than first thought - in both time and money. Especially for someone who can't bring himself to pay others to do things that I used to help Dad do back in the day. These sorts of Winter jobs have come too early this year just when good weather hits and I'd rather be around trees.

There's a housing development near where I live that never quite filled up, thanks to the crash in the market. There was a nice little stand of fir and cedar that blocked the development from the road. It meant I didn't need to see that failed project, and they didn't have to see me. Drove past there today. Smelled cedar, and looked to see a feller-buncher dropping a 20" fir. Drove past later and found the buffer nearly gone. Here's why I'm whining: if you haven't got people in the houses you already built, what makes you think you can fill more houses, once built? Who's funding this lunacy? Who paid the lowboy fees to get the buncher in there knowing that the stand wasn't big enough to cover its own cost?

Latest posts

Back