The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It was days like that, when I always wished we'd get laid off for the winter and go on unemployment. . . That never happened though. :msp_mad:

Nothing like using bumps on the top of the 2' of fresh snow to find your logs. Then you have to dig them out with yer hands to get a choker under'em.

Good times -- good times.

Fascist Fiat Soviet crummy busted an exhaust valve this morning. That's the end. Can't fire it up on three cylinders in winter. I have no time nor desire to do a valve job either. I donated the wreck to a mate who is into mechanics. The poor old thing served well.

Thing is I need to find a set of wheels before Monday morning. Better start looking.

What ya goin with next sam?

No whining from me. Just got done with my last final and I'm officially on break. Leavin for the west side monday or tuesday. A nap for now and in a couple hrs a bunch of us forestery majors are gettin together for a BBQ and beer.... I heard there will be som beer pong involved :msp_w00t:

Oh it did just start snowin here in Moscow... Maybe I'll go play in it an look for yotes tomarrow if I'm not too hungover lol

Isn't Fascist and Soviet a contradiction in adjectives? If they cancel each other out, what does one get...a democrat?

You got that dialectic of Hegel right: Thesis vs. Antithesis = Synthesis...

Wes, right now I'm negotiating on three Jap trucks. Yesterday I was after a 1998 Ford Ranger too, but the guy selling it appeared to be a liar. Let's see, I can't really give any prediction. These Karelian style negotiations tend to be, uh, ornamental, involving cash, services, alcohol & tobacco products, future options, cans of paint, driving relatives 4 o'clock in the morning, fishing rights, lottery tickets and so forth.

You got that dialectic of Hegel right: Thesis vs. Antithesis = Synthesis...

Wes, right now I'm negotiating on three Jap trucks. Yesterday I was after a 1998 Ford Ranger too, but the guy selling it appeared to be a liar. Let's see, I can't really give any prediction. These Karelian style negotiations tend to be, uh, ornamental, involving cash, services, alcohol & tobacco products, future options, cans of paint, driving relatives 4 o'clock in the morning, fishing rights, lottery tickets and so forth.

Holy crap! I just Google mapped Karelia Finland -- and the amount of water you guys have is CRAZY!!!!

Seriously, people call Minnesota the land of 10,000 lakes, so is Finland the land of 1,000,000 lakes? I see 90% water and 10% land. :dizzy:

Last edited:
Holy crap! I just Google mapped Karelia Finland -- and the amount of water you guys have is CRAZY!!!!

Seriously, people call Minnesota the land of 10,000 lakes, so is Finland the land of 1,000,000 lakes? I see 90% water and 10% land. :dizzy:

FIN- land just thinkin:jester:

Nate, that territory looks like the Canadian Shield country of northeastern MN/much of Ontario/northern WI. Potholes left by the receeding ice age left us a watery playground for sure. I have 6 lakes and a bunch of ponds within a couple miles of my place.

To add a legitimate whine, a foot of snow last weekend and a half inch of rain today sure ain't doing the ice on the lakes any favors. I can wait to go ice fishing, I hate ice swimming with a passion!

Git yer plows out you Montuckians. It is snowing here in the rain forest. Big, dinnerplate sized flakes of death. Slush sticking on the road as well. Will we hear the WHOMPH noise in the morning? Stay tuned.

Git yer plows out you Montuckians. It is snowing here in the rain forest. Big, dinnerplate sized flakes of death. Slush sticking on the road as well. Will we hear the WHOMPH noise in the morning? Stay tuned.

It's snowin here in moscow too. I hope theres snow to play in when I get home. And one might hope for some nice downed trees with which to cut firewood from... :msp_thumbsup:

Yes, Nate. There's a song about it:

Oh, if all the lakes of Finland
Would turn into booze
We would drink booze
And would swim in it

I would have closed a truck deal today, but the machine said I have exceeded the cash withdrawal limit for today. I didn't know about that. Oh well, I'll have to take Monday off.

It's snowin here in moscow too. I hope theres snow to play in when I get home. And one might hope for some nice downed trees with which to cut firewood from... :msp_thumbsup:

At my 1000 foot elevation bunker, the temperature is 34, the ground is white and the power is on. I imagine there is the dreaded crack and WHOMPH up higher in the alder belt.

It is still snowing this morning.

At my 1000 foot elevation bunker, the temperature is 34, the ground is white and the power is on. I imagine there is the dreaded crack and WHOMPH up higher in the alder belt.

It is still snowing this morning.

It's 34 here too! and snowing off and on lol I'm definitely comin back tuesday. Just a wee bit too much snow tomarrow lol

Latest posts

Back