The Whining Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPS tracking shows my Bailey's order was delivered at the front door. Great! Except... it wasn't my front door! :laugh:

Hahaha. One of my son's did an internship at Microsoft. Being the good son that he is, he sent the old man some fresh salmon. Fedex overnight guaranteed delivery. Well, it never showed up. Fedex said it was left on the porch, between the door and screen door (I don't have a screen door).
10 day's later a lady that has a "summer home" 2 streets over called and asked if I had been expecting a package from Fedex. I said yes, she asked if I could please come get it. I said no, but I'd be happy to call Fedex for her.
It's just amazing the lack of accountability in the world today.

Andy

I had so many things i wanted to do, but the end is near now in 6 hours the 21st will be upon us. really wont be bad to meat the makers, Henry Ford, Kelly Johnson, John Garand, John thompson , Robert McCulloch the list goes on..............good nite all:msp_thumbup:

Several weeks ago I mentioned that was had a couple a small log jams to break up. Well, flood control sat on its thumbs until today. We have a storm system heading in tonight so now the logs are an emergency. At least until Cody and I cut them up today. I will try to post a pic later.

BTW my MS660 was running .404 chain that those eastern saws can't seem to turn.

Well shot myself in the foot. Stopped by our shop to bs and see if my check might be ready a day early, it was not. Now I'm headed to Chehalis tomorrow morning with a set of brush grapples and picking up a final for one of our shovels. I need to be there when they open at 7. So that means leaving the shop by 3:30. So I need to be there at 3 to warm the crew bus up. Which means up at 1:30 to get enough coffee in me and be to the shop by then. Wouldn't be bad if I hadn't been off all week sleeping in. O well. Night

damn it, i'm still around, and to think i allmost gave all my worldly possessions away.:hmm3grin2orange:

Well shot myself in the foot. Stopped by our shop to bs and see if my check might be ready a day early, it was not. Now I'm headed to Chehalis tomorrow morning with a set of brush grapples and picking up a final for one of our shovels. I need to be there when they open at 7. So that means leaving the shop by 3:30. So I need to be there at 3 to warm the crew bus up. Which means up at 1:30 to get enough coffee in me and be to the shop by then. Wouldn't be bad if I hadn't been off all week sleeping in. O well. Night

Heck I was down in Tacoma this am and back home just after 9.00 am we probably passed each other on the road

What, now we're whining because it wasn't really the end of the world???:dizzy:
Did you ever stop to think that no one in history has been correct in predicting the end of the world? :laugh:

My bet is those Myan's that were workin' on the calendar got tired of figurin' all that crap out and said the heck with it, they can figure it out for themselves in 2012. :laugh:

Andy

Working on the skidder this morning had to drain fuel tank so I could fabricate a new fuel line (fuel tank is full 26+gallons)... The whole time its pissing down rain, and a nice drip is going straight into my ear canal, tried moving but the little bastard kept fallowing me around... spilled maybe 3 gallons just switching out jerry cans. Covered the wifey in diesel (shes not happy...)

Of course after we get back from a parts run its all blue skys... but the skidder is running better than ever! Need to straighten out the rear belly pan a bit and reattach a few covers and shes ready to work

We got more than what was promised. You-all to the East, good luck with this one.

1221121600.jpg

What, now we're whining because it wasn't really the end of the world???:dizzy:
Did you ever stop to think that no one in history has been correct in predicting the end of the world? :laugh:

My bet is those Myan's that were workin' on the calendar got tired of figurin' all that crap out and said the heck with it, they can figure it out for themselves in 2012. :laugh:

Andy

If they ever are correct about the end of the world...how will we know?

water pump on the bucket truck puked , go to drive it back to the shop, find the clutch is roached. last straw for that ex employee. then the pos chevy 5500 is jacking up, " more electrical woes" . so much for a little time off for the holidays. glad the day is over be for something else happens .

Get out on some lonely stretch of 26 between Othello and Washtucna, lay on the horn, and let rip a 30-second honk for me... used to do that on the way back from Pullman back in the day. Mostly did it to keep myself awake. Boring stretch of road there, especially in the winter when the sky is a flat grey for 360 degrees and everything's an even white.

Haha well i saw a yote just past Washtucna... thought about pullin over an wangin away with the glock but dexided not too lol

Satellite radio is a good thing.

I've got to go get my sunglasses. The sun has been making brief appearances. The Used Dog and I desperately need to go for a long walk. We could go snowblind--Or I could.

No satellite radio and the cd player is stuck playin one cd over and over. The radio still works but over there it's mostly hispanic statikns that come in lol

All things are normal here.

Hah. I went to Chehalis yesterday.

No fair! I did drive thru chehalis lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Retirement is work. My knees are sore. I spent the afternoon of the winter solstice skiing. In fact, I had an accident involving Santa Claus. He was zigging to avoid a skier who was zagging, and I was zagging on the other side--we both reefed hard and managed to only clip each other. I went down....BAD SANTA! And that was before we had any beers!

The snow was good, the strange bright orb peeked through a couple of times, and the only badness besides the Santa incident was having to ski through the fog at the bottom of the hill to finish the day.

brakes not working right, glow plugs stopped working yesterday, tranny is starting to slip worse then usual, and the blinkers are acting kinda funny... Think I might need a new crummy, or worse yet take it to a real mechanic:msp_scared:

The annoying thing is it ran like a champ last week, and I was hoping not to work on ANYTHING today...

I'll be glad when Wednesday comes around

Just spent the last 4 hours shopping (I mean seating in the car listening to the NFL games)

Then driving around looking at Christmas light's with my Mum and the grand kid's

Back