The wisdom of youth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ya that or what ever you want to call it. Since I have lots of time to sit on my thumb lately, the boy has been "teaching" me some new stuff. He likes cruising youtube and showing me things. He likes timber videos and there are a few that we have seen that I was able to use as a tool to help teach him and use as examples later when we have been out together. I admit this blasted machine is pretty cool the more I learn to do with it. Now all I have to do is REMEMBER how to do it again later.

He just showed me this and I thought others might like to see this one.

YouTube - ‪tribute timber faller‬‏

Greenwedge: we tried to find the stuff you said was privatized but weren't able to find anything, was it eliminated or is there another way to get to any thing other than the 7 we can find?

Owl

Ya that or what ever you want to call it. Since I have lots of time to sit on my thumb lately, the boy has been "teaching" me some new stuff. He likes cruising youtube and showing me things. He likes timber videos and there are a few that we have seen that I was able to use as a tool to help teach him and use as examples later when we have been out together. I admit this blasted machine is pretty cool the more I learn to do with it. Now all I have to do is REMEMBER how to do it again later.

Greenwedge: we tried to find the stuff you said was privatized but weren't able to find anything, was it eliminated or is there another way to get to any thing other than the 7 we can find?

Owl
You gotta love that old stuff.

Owl

I'll look into it. Not real sure. I'm not very computer Savy myself. I cant even figure out how to post a pic on here w/o using a link. I figure the guys that are able to do it are in good w/ god or something!

Thanks for that link, the pic at 2m 27s is prize winner. As a bulk of my work over the years has been climbing I would often, like the guy in that pic, stop for a second and look around and think that from the top I was the first and last person to see whatever I could see that day. One of my best was at the top of a nice tall lime tree looking down across Dublin and seeing USS KENNEDY the aircraft carrier moored in close to Dublin Harbour. Thanks again.

Owl have you seen this one? Jasha has a few real good videos also.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/svuqBAcMl_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of my best was at the top of a nice tall lime tree looking down across Dublin and seeing USS KENNEDY the aircraft carrier moored in close to Dublin Harbour.

Ah, the Kennedy (CV-67) -- during one of my deployments aboard the Roosevelt (CVN-71), the Kennedy failed a big ship-wide inspection called INSURV, and its deployment was delayed several weeks as a result. We hung out late in the North Arabian Sea while they got their act together. I've never been so happy to see another ship. That was the Iron Man Cruise, 159 days at sea with no port calls, 2001-2002. We broke a record for sea time on a carrier that had stood since WWII.

Owl have you seen this one? Jasha has a few real good videos also.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/svuqBAcMl_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's a good one. I like Buzz Martin too.

Owl

Back