the wonderful world of old jonsereds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnarfan

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
my house is turning into a small museum of older jonsereds... so far my running 70e has been joined by a "please fix me i'm missing easy parts" 80 and a running 111s. might fill in the gap with a 90 if one shows up.

saw troll has got me thinking of a couple newer ones to add to the pile.

saw total up to 8... when i got here it was 3 1/2

should i sell any like i keep telling her i will.

"oh hon... if i get it for this much and fix it then it will be worth that much.. "

If you keep them all red and scatter the collection a bit around the house, then you can get to a point where she has no idea how many saws there actually are. This is a trick I learned from women, they do it with shoes.

[QUOTE="oh hon... if i get it for this much and fix it then it will be worth that much.. "[/QUOTE]

I quit that line awhile ago,just tell her it's better then a "Crack" habit.

If you keep them all red and scatter the collection a bit around the house, then you can get to a point where she has no idea how many saws there actually are. This is a trick I learned from women, they do it with shoes.

too funny, thats what I do, My wife has no idea how many saws I have. They are in 3 different spots:jester:

I just got bit by this bug a few weeks ago , 1970's J-red's. I got my first one running a 621, did a little cutting with it, I was impressed with it, much better saw than Homelite and Macs of the same vintage.

I don't know what it is about those saws weather it is the name, the color or what but have always lusted after them since I first seen one and finally got to run one. Wished I hadn't of waited so long.

Larry

Jonny 910e

Im looking at buying a friends jonny 910e. Can someone that knows jonnys tell me something about it.

oh i'm trying that

i think i'll have a yellow pile and a red pile. that way she'll think i only have two.

can't wait to ge a bar i trust for the 111s... if my arm will start it.

hopefully i'll get that one all figured out.

Im looking at buying a friends jonny 910e. Can someone that knows jonnys tell me something about it.

They are an awsome saw. Great power, not too heavey,(would like to know the wieght and HP) good AV. They don't look or act like a 25 year old saw. My Dad bought one new in 79 or 80. It screams with a 24" bar on it. He still uses it regularly. I tried to find a new air filter for it about a year ago with no luck. Parts are getting harder to come by.

Here is some info, there is a misprint there, the cc number should be 87, not 86......

It was one of the very least "pure" jonsereds designes to be released, after E-lux takeover.

Last edited:
Back